Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 7:21:36 AM EDT
I want one with a full tactical rail like this. http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/pistolscustomshop/PC9112.jpg on a longslide with no front cocking serrations or marks. I might go double-stack if possable. I tried emailing the guys at springfield, nobody replied.

What i want to know is if the custom shop can do what i asked, and if theres any problems with springfields. IE ammo feed problems, accuracy problems, magazine problems. Especially in the design i want to create. The gun i want is mainly for looks and to shoot for fun. So, anybody got experince with a longslide at least or can tell me anything?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#1]
If your thinking double wide, you may be better off with a STI full hood frame and straight sided slide as pistol base.  Dawson's is selling the SS frames and slides on the cheap side, and you can have them cut the side for about anything you want (read reducing smith costs).  Also, since the STI's use a bull barrel, this will add about 9 Oz of forward weight on the 6" slide over a standard 1911  5" model.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What i want to know is if the custom shop can do what i asked

If you have the $$$, they'll make one look like a zebra. I would also call Cylinder & Slide & ask what they might be able to do for you?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. Most of the people i spoke to about getting a custom one is they told me regardless of how much money i had, they just couldn't do it because they lacked the time and tools to make it. I've also spoke to people asking if they could make a revolver from scratch up, a top-break with a mordern look, they told me the same thing or just seemed un-instrested in it. Seems alot of people are just looking for a quick buck nowadays and don't want to do much work.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I've also spoke to people asking if they could make a revolver from scratch up, a top-break with a mordern look, they told me the same thing or just seemed un-instrested in it.

By its very definition a top-break revolver won't have a "modern look", IMO. In case you didn't know, both S&W & (IIRC) Urberti makes a modern replica of the famous top-break S&W Schofield.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#5]
The pistol you pictured is a TRP Operator. It sounds like the Loaded Operator is the one you are after. It has fixed Novak night sights, and no front serrations, and no front strap checkering if I remember correctly. But it's a 5" 1911. Were you wanting something larger than the standard 5"??? They don't make the Loaded Operator anymore, but the custom shop could still make you one since they will pretty much make anything you ask for as far as I know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top