Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2020 3:09:25 PM EDT
So when did this happen? There isn't even a 5 inch model anymore.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#1]
No clue this is news to me
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:15:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd say it would be impossible for them to be sold out everywhere.   I'd love to see blowout pricing ($250 or lower) on them.  The grip is so ergonomic!
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking at the website it appears the standard XD-M is no longer available in 9mm, but they're now selling the 9mm as part of the "XD-M Elite" line.  Apparently has an upgraded trigger and mag well?

https://www.springfield-armory.com/xd-series-handguns/xd-m-elite-handguns
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#4]
How will anyone know where to grip the pistol without the GRIP ZONE!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How will anyone know where to grip the pistol without the GRIP ZONE!!!
View Quote

Give it a rest...
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I just picked up a mint like new in box 4 in 9mm mod 2 for 399 , I jumped on it.I was going for the 45 mod 2 even bought 5 mags for the 45 now do not need them . The mod 2, 9 I got does not have grip zone marked grips . I have about 5 shop around mee that have the Mod 2 in 45 I still might ?????
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I wanted the .45 sub compact and I was pissed when I found out they discontinued it.
Give the customers what they want!
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:25:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I think it was a bad move for them to do this. Doesn't help that a lot of gun owners have a dislike for them for the crap they pulled some few years ago.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah the Mod. 2 frame was dropped late 2019 I believe. The only way to get it now is in an XDS or XDE.

I picked up a subcompact Mod. 2 in .45 late last year for a steal, brand new for $350.

Wish I had known they were discontinued at the time, I could have picked up a fullsize for the same price.

ETA:

Reasoning I saw from a response on their social media page was due to poor sales.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I know I saw tons of people making fun of the "grip zone" verbage on the grip, but why not just not put that on there? Personally I didn't care. Nobody sees my gun when I'm carrying. It looks like they're probably going to discontinue the original XD also. Currently only selling the SC and full size in 9mm and calling it the "legacy defender". Makes me worried if I'll be able to get support in the future?
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I know I saw tons of people making fun of the "grip zone" verbage on the grip, but why not just not put that on there? Personally I didn't care. Nobody sees my gun when I'm carrying. It looks like they're probably going to discontinue the original XD also. Currently only selling the SC and full size in 9mm and calling it the "legacy defender". Makes me worried if I'll be able to get support in the future?
View Quote

I wouldn't worry about support, there several places to get all the parts without dealing with Springfield. Plenty of haters always trumpeting there is no spare parts which is not correct.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Grip Zine was a dumb idea from the start, but thet did eventually drop it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah the Mod. 2 frame was dropped late 2019 I believe. The only way to get it now is in an XDS or XDE.

I picked up a subcompact Mod. 2 in .45 late last year for a steal, brand new for $450.

Wish I had known they were discontinued at the time, I could have picked up a fullsize for the same price.

ETA:

Reasoning I saw from a response on their social media page was due to poor sales.
View Quote

Perhaps you have an XDs Mod2 45?
The OP is talking about the XD9.
The XD Mod2 was a double stack and the XDS and XDE are single stacks.

I dont know what the hell goes through their minds at SAI. When the XD Mod2 came out they should have dropped the first gen gun. But they rolled out the XD Defender at a lower price.
They dropped the XDm sub compact just when everyone was bringing out subcompact double stacks.
They had 3 different lines of double stacks, then rolled out a 4th with the XDm Elite.
They were eventually going to have to prune the tree.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 1:36:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I dont know what the hell goes through their minds at SAI. When the XD Mod2 came out they should have dropped the first gen gun. But they rolled out the XD Defender at a lower price.
They dropped the XDm sub compact just when everyone was bringing out subcompact double stacks.
They had 3 different lines of double stacks, then rolled out a 4th with the XDm Elite.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I picked up a subcompact Mod. 2 in .45 late last year for a steal, brand new for $350.

ETA:

Nope, its a double stack, subcompact XD Mod. 2 in .45. Has one flush fitting 9 round mag and came with a fullsize 13 round mag w/grip extension sleeve.

I have an OG/Mod. 0 XDS, so I'm aware of the difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top