Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2020 12:02:20 PM EDT
Just saw this, has upgraded trigger, higher capacity (22+1), and a few other upgrades like ambi slide stop, and deeper serrations.

Not sure it makes me want to upgrade my 5.25...I already have a PRP trigger and PRP grip tape...but 22+1, wow.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to try one. I haven't try another trigger on my XDM since its better than a Glock so this new trigger looks even better.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Price looks good.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Whats the release date?
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whats the release date?
View Quote
I don't think I've seen one listed anywhere yet...if it's anything like the Hellcat, it will say next month and then you'll start seeing them in the wild around June.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#5]
When can I get one in 10mm?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I’d like one but I scoured stores for three months to find a hellcat, imagine this will be the same.
It’s been quiet release again for springfield
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:38:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When can I get one in 10mm?
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 4.5" elite headed my way. It should be in on monday.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:06:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a 4.5" elite headed my way. It should be in on monday.
View Quote
Awesome, where did you find one?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:25:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Awesome, where did you find one?
View Quote
Sportsman’s outdoor. I’ve never used them before but I ordered Tuesday and I received a tracking email today. $466 after tax so far and my ffl charges $15 for transfers so I’ll be at $481 otd. For that price I figured it was worth a shot
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:12:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sportsman’s outdoor. I’ve never used them before but I ordered Tuesday and I received a tracking email today. $466 after tax so far and my ffl charges $15 for transfers so I’ll be at $481 otd. For that price I figured it was worth a shot
View Quote
Awesome. I buy from them all the time. Not in the market for the Elite as I already have 3 XDMs but glad to see Springfield getting these out quicker than they did the Hellcat.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Give us an update once you get it and shoot it please. I am VERY interested in this one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I got out to the range yesterday before the rare snow hit us in South Carolina. Took my ol' reliable Glock 17 for comparison. Some rambling thoughts:

Friday night I wiped it down and oiled it. I put on the large backstrap and practiced some mag changes. The magwell does help speed up reloads without being
overly large.

Controls:
Ambi mag releases are good. The slide stop/releases are stiff. The left side release takes a little extra force in comparison to my other pistols which was slowing down my speed
reloads. The right slide release was impossible to use when retaining a normal firing grip. Towards the end of my range session they both got easier but the right side is still stiff.

I'm neutral on the grip safety, I don't need it but it also doesn't bother me that its there.

Sights:
I really like them, white u outline with a front fiber dot.  They are fast yet still allow accurate shots.

Trigger:
I like the trigger, I prefer a flatter profile, I can't stand curved triggers like the S&W M&P. I would put the trigger weight around 5 lbs, i don't have a trigger pull gauge but it is lighter than my Glock 17.
After taking the initial slack out of the trigger there is still noticeable creep before the trigger breaks. After a couple hundred rounds it started to smooth out so hopefully it gets better. Its really only an issue if you are shooting slowly, faster pace strings it's not an issue. Overall I would rate it as a very good trigger.

Other than that I put 200 rounds of winchester white box, 200 federal bulk pack, and 50 147 gr hst through it with no malfunctions. I use a maglula to reload my mags and topping mags off does not require significant force.

First two mags at 8 yards:

Attachment Attached File

The farthest I could shoot out to without walking through mud/slop was 18 yards.

Attachment Attached File

20 shots measures out right at 3.5" which is good enough for me. It's more accurate than me.

Attachment Attached File

My glock 17 in comparison was at 3.8". Going back and forth was throwing my Glock shots low. The XDM is more of a 6 o'clock hold and my Glock shoots poa/poi.

Attachment Attached File

Overall I am really pleased and once I get access again to some steel and can time myself I could easily see my XDm taking over for my Glock 17. Springfield armory has some winners with this and the hellcat.
I'm not sure if many people are noticing but I am. My hellcat is awesome as well and it's splitting daily carry duties when I don't feel like carrying my Glock 23.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Went to the range this morning. I'm approaching 1000 rounds through the xdm-elite now, probably over 900. I brought several different kinds of ammo to test.
1 box of federal syntech, 1 box of federal hst 147, 300 sellier bellot, 100 blazer aluminum. No malfunctions yet.
Put about 200 rounds through it with a surefire x300 on it, no issues.

Trigger is breaking in nicely. There is still creep after the initial takeup but when I am shooting quickly it is not an issue.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Went to the range this morning. I'm approaching 1000 rounds through the xdm-elite now, probably over 900. I brought several different kinds of ammo to test.
1 box of federal syntech, 1 box of federal hst 147, 300 sellier bellot, 100 blazer aluminum. No malfunctions yet.
Put about 200 rounds through it with a surefire x300 on it, no issues.

Trigger is breaking in nicely. There is still creep after the initial takeup but when I am shooting quickly it is not an issue.
View Quote
Glad to see and hear your liking the XDm. That accuracy is typical of any of the models and calibers. I like some of the new features of the Elite, but I've got enough of the XD series so the only thing I might pursue is the Hellcat. There is nothing wrong with these line of pistols, contrary the typical shit talkers. The newer XDm with the RMR has run over 7k rounds with the bulk of that occurring about 6 week blocks with no malfunctions. My XD45 and the other XDm 9 are also well above the 5k mark and have been my carry pistols for over 10 years.

If your looking for trigger upgrades PRP is the place to go, and also for slide milling.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Looked at the Elites myself today. I'm impressed, especially with the new lower prices. There were at least five of the older model XDms in the consignment rack that were asking $100-150 more than the brand new Elites! Going to be a lot of people having to drop those prices dramatically to sell their guns!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Hopefully we can snag the magwells separately, wouldn't mine tossing one on my suppressor ready XDM
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought having two different XD models might be too many, glad to see someone with more. Now I can point to your picture and show my wife.

I'd buy a magwell separately too if they become available.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I just got a Elite Precision and I like it a lot. The trigger is great and the mag well is a nice touch.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I just picked up a new Hell Cat about a week or so back it has run good with all the ammo I tried , Win 115 , Fed 115 , some Gold DOT . today the gun was run with some Wolf and Fed , it chocked a few new Win GI 115 Flat tip 1182 code , its pretty hot stuff and gun was a little dirty . All clean now and good to go I have ex mags and black leather Desantis speed scab for it ,
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Guys I’m looking at this one -XD-M® ELITE 5.25" PRECISION HANDGUN
9MM|BLACK (XDME95259BHC)

My question. Will standard 16 round XD mags fit in this gun??
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#22]
No, I don't believe the XD mags will fit
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Really!?? Is the grip longer?
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Buhler
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#25]
No they won't fit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top