Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 1:03:30 PM EDT
I can see it move when I engage/disengage the safety.  How do I fit that?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I can see it move when I engage/disengage the safety.  How do I fit that?

There's a tool to restake it.  I think Brownells sells it.  It may be cheaper to have an experienced gunsmith do it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, have a good experienced smith restake it. If you decide to DIY, be certain to put something like a piece of welding rod, etc. in the tube so you don't collapse it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:04:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you can spare it and don't mind parting with it, the frame (at least) would go back to the factory.
Restaking may work fine...if there is enough material to stake.
A call to Springfield may be in order, they should advise your next course of action.

I called Springfield and they said they'd refund the shipping costs up to $50 if the problem is a warranty issue, which she said it most likely is.  
I called the gun shop and they'd send it to Springfield for $40.  It slipped my mind what you said about sending just the frame.  Can I send JUST the frame w/o having to go overnight?  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Join the club, mine loosened up after 200 shots.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Join the club, mine loosened up after 200 shots.

I talked to a local smith and he said he's had quite a few Springfields come though with loose plunger tubes.  I'm shocked cause the stainless mil-spec I had last year was flawless.  Kinda wish I'd kept it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Got it back a few days ago, good as new!  I shipped the lower half via USPS and they shipped it back overnight FedEx.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top