Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2010 10:02:22 AM EDT
How many do you have?
I've got two and had one of them a LONG time. Bought it off a state LE agency armorer. It's an old and trusted friend.
The six inch is a recent acquisition but isn't pinned and recessed. Still it's a great handgun!

Link Posted: 7/17/2010 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a nice set of 19's you have.

I just have one, but it's an old friend.

Link Posted: 7/17/2010 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
This is mine 1973 S&W 19-3

Link Posted: 7/17/2010 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Those are really nice.
I've reblued my old 19-3 and will do it again if it needs it.
They do indeed become old friends quickly.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Someday I will find the Model 19 I like in the right price range. I need one to go with my Model 18.

Yours are both nice.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got my grandfather's Model 19. Nickel finish, original wood grips, 4" barrel. I recently discovered the rear sight leaf was broken, so I've got to send it in to S&W for repairs. I think I'll get them to tune it up a little while it's there.

I love that gun. It's had many a .38 wadcutter go down the pipe.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've got my grandfather's Model 19. Nickel finish, original wood grips, 4" barrel. I recently discovered the rear sight leaf was broken, so I've got to send it in to S&W for repairs. I think I'll get them to tune it up a little while it's there.

You can fix it yourself relatively easy. I'm going to church in a bit but when I get back I'll put up a link or two on how to replace the rear sight blade and where to get the parts.

A good Model 19 is just a touch better than a Model 15.
Both are wonderful handguns to own.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Three...I think. There might be another one I've forgotten about. On the lookout for a 2.5" P&R version in blue.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I recently acquired a 2.5" model 19. Love it.

sn. 5k531xx can someone tell me date of mfg.?
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I recently acquired a 2.5" model 19. Love it.

sn. 5k531xx can someone tell me date of mfg.?

My serial number list states 1973.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

OK, first the parts.
Rear Sight Repair Kit
Tool Bit Needed to Remove the rear sight screw nut:
Spanner Bits
Video on how to replace the rear sight blade:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_sDPh18Z08

You can use lock tite or finger nail polish to keep that nut from coming off the windage adjustment screw instead of swaging it. It all depends on how heavy a loads you will shoot.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Three...I think. There might be another one I've forgotten about. On the lookout for a 2.5" P&R version in blue.

I seem to forget about handguns too. New ones keep turning up all over the house and my wife doesn't believe me when I say the tooth fairy is leaving them.
I want a 19 and 66 snubs in the P&R versions badly too.
Maybe the tooth fairy will find one and leave it under my dentures next week.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I've replaced the sights ising just a plain screwdriver to turn the windage screw in until it breaks..  It's really simple to do and the only thing that ever gives me a problem is the tiny spring and ball that is the detent for the screw.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#13]
These are my two favorites.

19-3 Pinto

My most perfect, unblemished firearm I own.  Dead mint.  19 no dash in 4" nickel.  A rare bird.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
These are my two favorites.

19-3 Pinto
http://i30.tinypic.com/f0ahjb.jpg

My most perfect, unblemished firearm I own.  Dead mint.  19 no dash in 4" nickel.  A rare bird.
http://i28.tinypic.com/34rtwgh.jpg

Damn, dude, there you go showing off that real bad addiction you have once again!!!!
Very nice!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top