Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2009 1:16:49 PM EDT
I have a 642 that is a few years old,and the trigger is not centered in the triggerguard.It actually protrudes a little on the port side,any one else have this problem with their Smith and wesson revolver,or is mine an oddball?This revolver was bought new by me,and was like this from the factory.

It bothered me enough that I called S@W and they are sending me out a shipping label so that they can look at the off center trigger and the overtorqued barrel.

Is there any way to correct a trigger that hangs crooked?New trigger,or is the frame out of spec?

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this,and if it was corrected,or you just lived with it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think that sounds right,I really don't know what would cause that(I'm no help I know)but I would send it back without hesitation sounds like it could be a safety issue if the trigger is protruding.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#2]
gee.  it took you long enough.  

if S&W is going to look it over, its water under the bridge now.  what-if, who done it, can it be fix....who cares.  let S&W do its job.

also, if you get another one like that, i sure wouldnt wait a couple years to do something about it.

keep us posted on what happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top