Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 10:06:45 PM EDT
Anyone have a problem with theirs?  I was dry firing one and all of a sudden it seized up, TERMINALLY.  After a few tens of minutes swearing and struggling to get it apart, I pull of the side plate to see, much to my surprise, THE FIRING PIN stuck in front of the hammer and no sign of the FP retaining pin but metal flakes concentrated in the area where it should have been

I can't find the missing pin, so I can only assume it disintegrated or something.  Revolver works alright otherwise now, but Midway and Brownells are both out of that part.  Anyone know where to get one, or at least the specs so I can make another one in the machine shop?  

Thanks,
Ragin_Cajun
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Numrich? http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=1980z642
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Made my own out of a piece of rod I had lying around of the correct diameter.  Seems like it's much more durable than the factory setup.  Got to OPTEST it first but I think it'll do nicely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top