Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2009 8:09:15 AM EDT
There is a guy at work who wants to sell me his Taurus model 66 .357. It has a 4 inch barrel and is blued. According to the Taurus site it was made around 1989. I tried looking for the value of it but so far haven't been very successful. Does anyone know what they run for in used condition?
I know they weren't very expensive even when new. He said make an offer after checking it out so I wanted to see what might be fair.

This one has been sitting for a long time and has some minor rust and pitting so that will reduce the value some. Barrel is leaded up pretty good but other than that and the rust it looks to be in pretty good shape.

After letting the trigger group soak in clp overnight the trigger feels much better.  When I check it out yesterday it was terrible as all the oil and grease inside was dried up.

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#1]
$200-$250
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I was thinking about the 150 to 200 range considering the shape this is in.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I paid 350 NIB so yeah I wouldn't spend more than 200.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#4]
With rust and pitting and in the described condition, $150 is more realistic. With some elbow grease ( wet sand paper and Mother's Mag Wheel polish) it can be brought back to a shining condition.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Luckily most of the rust cleaned off leaving a few small spots of minor pitting. The hammer got the worst of it since it is bare steel. The barrel so far has defied my attempts at getting the lead fouling out of it using cleaner and a bore brush. Guess I will need to look into one of the lead scrubbing kits at the gun store to see if that will do the trick if i purchase it.

I figure for a cheap beater it won't be bad if i can get it for the 150 to 175 range. I don't think I would pay more than that for it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#6]
i have an older model 65 [same as 66 but with fixed sights] the revolver has always been good to me and iv had zero problems with it.. think i paid $300 with an extra set of grips
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top