Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2018 1:40:34 PM EDT
I recently acquired a .38 Safety Hammer, while looking it over after the auction, I heard what sounded like a loose part in the handle under the grips. After carfully taking one side off, I found a roughly made lead weight in there that had broken in half. It doesn't look like anything that would have been original to the gun. Any ideas what it could have been for? Maybe just for balance?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]
balance and/or recoil reduction.  Share some pictures if you can.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#2]
More weight is more effective at buffaloing someoone head in.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's what it looked like when I opened it up.

Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#4]
That had to put be in there just to add weight to the grip. Like mcb said above, a past owner trying to get the revolver to balance in his hand better or to help with recoil.

I have two ,32 and two .38 top break revolvers, none of them had anything in the grip frame like that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Extra weight for pistol whipping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top