Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2002 7:54:32 PM EDT
Hello.  I couldn't help myself.  I found a S&W M-19 with a 4" barrel.  It didn't have the original grips.  I have no idea what kind it originally had.  I replaced them with new Hogue since the ones it had were kind of sticky on the bottom.

Anyway, I took it to the range at freehand at 25 yards I hit almost dead center on a 5" target!  Woohoo!  After awhile I was less accurate.

This has a really nice trigger pull.

Thanks, Sig_230, for suggesting this model.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 4:09:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Your very welcome. As you shoot more, you'll get used to it. But for now, when the accuracy starts to fall off, stop. If you keep shooting then, you'll find yourself picking up bad habits.

Look inside the yoke and you'll see the full model number. It will be 19-something.

The 19 was available with two different grips as standard. The most common were the target grips that have a place for your right thumb. It was also available with two triggers and hammer. The target trigger and hammer were slightly wider than the standard.

Here's a picture of my M-27 with Target triger (TT), Hammer (TH) and Stocks (TS).

and in this photo you can see a TH on the left compared to the standard hammer on the right.

Keep us posted on how it does for you.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Weellll,

I looked in the yoke and it says MOD-19.  There is a number above it that starts with a K, which I think is the serial number.

It's a mystery!

Is there some site that hosts free pictures for the web?  I could try to take some close ups with a borrowed camera.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 3:54:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Weellll,

I looked in the yoke and it says MOD-19.  There is a number above it that starts with a K, which I think is the serial number.

It's a mystery!

Is there some site that hosts free pictures for the web?  I could try to take some close ups with a borrowed camera.

Not at all.

Is there a screw in the front of the trigger guard? If you look at the right side, how many screws (one my be hidden under the grips) can you see?
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, there is a screw in the front of the trigger guard.

On the right side, I count three screws.  There is a small one above the trigger, a small one behind and above the trigger, and a flush, larger one behind and below the hammer.

Thank you, sir.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:10:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes, there is a screw in the front of the trigger guard.

On the right side, I count three screws.  There is a small one above the trigger, a small one behind and above the trigger, and a flush, larger one behind and below the hammer.

Thank you, sir.

What you have sir, is the most desireable of the combat masterpieces, the legendary 4 screw. Pull the grips off and see if there is a screw under them. Of all the M-19's out there, you just picked up the very best.

I hate you.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 7:29:43 AM EDT
[#6]
There is a screw on the bottom that holds the grips on.  Is there a screw somewhere else under the grips?

Any way to identify when this was made?

Thanks!

I hate you.

Neener, neener, neeeee-ner!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top