Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2014 7:02:36 PM EDT
So I picked up a .357 681-1 via gunbroker at a stupid nice price and added my spare Ahrends grips. It also is import marked through Century, part of a larger shipment the remnants of which are still on GB. Now my question to you guys is where is this from? I've heard Canada as possible but was curious if anybody had some hard info.

It's a really nice gun, and my second L frame (behind a 686SSR), should be a great shooter.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the grips.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahrends grips are the shit, I can't recommend them highly enough.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:18:02 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can get me a good pic of the import mark ,my S&W catalog 3rd edition has no mention of 681exported- is it "M" marked?Looks like a great piece.

yes arhend grips are great it breaks my heart you can't get the cocobolo anymore
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:00:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Try the S&W forum, you'll get the info in no time if you ask there.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:06:02 AM EDT
[#5]
here are some i found, this guy claims his are from austrila.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=427888217
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#6]
That guy claims it, but nobody else does. I've done a bunch of looking and can't find references to any AU agency using them, let alone importing them back. Closest thing I've heard is Canada.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top