Posted: 1/25/2014 11:39:37 AM EDT
Couldn't pass them up..

686-8 +
617-6

Both excellent, 617 unfired...

$1,400 for the pair..

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice pair. Wish I could find a decently priced 617 around me to go with the 686+. The price isn't too bad considering any revolver with the S&W logo on it is fetching a premium these days.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#2]
The 617 was the hook, been wanting one for a long time...
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
How did you pay too much?  I don't understand half the threads in this board -- people have the same sentence -- "I paid too much, but ...."

That's just what they cost nowadays  --- another guy on this board  just bought a 686 for less than $500 and was still wondering whether he paid too much --- LOL

But it looks like your well prepared now

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
S&W 617...the Hi-Cap revolver....I am happy with the price though..

Also bought a 870 Wingmaster 30", 3" magnum..great old shottie..
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome bro....revolvers are all I been buying lately

Obama cant fuck with them
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#6]
nice you did good
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome bro....revolvers are all I been buying lately

Obama cant fuck with them
View Quote

No -- he'll just f-- with the ammo supply chain.

I had a blast shooting .22's yesterday out of my Single Six and a new take down 10/22 -- but on the way home felt a twinge of remorse wondering how I would replace what I just fired up
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats  a good deal in my area. Congrats.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:50:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How did you pay too much?  I don't understand half the threads in this board -- people have the same sentence -- "I paid too much, but ...."

That's just what they cost nowadays  --- another guy on this board  just bought a 686 for less than $500 and was still wondering whether he paid too much --- LOL

View Quote

Yup. Just cause a few savy collectors are getting lucky and making steals doesn't mean everyone else is getting hosed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:30:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yup. Just cause a few savy collectors are getting lucky and making steals doesn't mean everyone else is getting hosed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or not willing to state, like me, what they actually paid for them...
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YEs - possibly.    I've been waiting for a "deal" on an old Wingmaster myself also -- I have a newer Express and was wanting to bring it up to the spec of the LAw enforcement model,  but cant bring myself to spend much money on it-- but  from what I was told, the Wingmasters were the "Cadillac" of the 870 lineup --- SAw one done as an SBS -- it was parke'd , but the fleur de lis engravings in the side of the receiver were still prominent to give it a touch of class -
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:17:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

Early 617s were 6 shooters.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

didn't know that Wild....I like the 10!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can never pay too much. If you buy a gun, then the price was acceptable to you. YOU put the value on a gun you want. If the price fits, then it was worth it.
Or so I keep telling myself.

Oh, and beautiful guns, OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top