Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 4:38:28 PM EDT
Hello Arfcommers. I was never a fan of revolvers up until a few days ago when a friend of mine wanted to shoot some pistols so we did... I was at my parents house and my dad came out to bring out a few of his pistols. He has several autos as well as revolvers. Well he brought out a few revolvers, a Ruger Speed 6, a real new (what he keeps beside his bed) S&W 38 Spcl. Snub Nose with the Crimson Trace laser..... and a older (but in excellent condition) S&W Highway Patrolman. Now I wont lie I was the most accurate with the Highway Patrolman.... I could shoot better than it with my Glock ( haven't ever been able to shoot my Glock (G26) that well..... the idea of shooting a gopher seems crazy with my glock. I grew up with red dot sights, Im only 20) Well anyway.......... I am wanting your guys opinion on a good revolver for me. Definitely a 357. 3-6" barrel. 3-4 for sure if there is not a much of a accuracy benefit when going to 6". Keep in mind im young and want a good looking gun as well!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You liked shooting the S&W 28 (Hwy. Ptl.). Why not start off with a 6- inch mod. 28? You can still pick one up for a decent price, and it'll last you a couple of decades. Another option, is an L-frame, like the S&W 686. (Also in 6-inch) There's a real fan base for both on this forum. Both are great firearms.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#2]
S&W never made anything called a Speed Six. Ruger did, along with a Service Six and a Security Six.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:16:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Really any S&W 4-6" in working condition. I don't know of a bad model they make.

I also like Rugers as well. Try a GP100, but you wont save too much money over a S&W.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Really any S&W 4-6" in working condition. I don't know of a bad model they make.

I also like Rugers as well. Try a GP100, but you wont save too much money over a S&W.

This.  I've got a 686 that I love.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top