Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2002 3:01:56 PM EDT
every 100 rd. or so I get a stovepipe any suggestions, and how do I adjust the target trigger? I see the adjustment screw but the most forward pin needs to be drifted out. Is this a pain or a simple thing I can put together by taking it a part?
BALOO.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#1]
A stovepipe every 100 rounds...is the chamber, boltface and whole bolt (including under the extractor) and reciever clean? Disassembly isn't all that bad, after the first time. I noticed they put the adjustment screw where you can't get to it without removing the trigger, and if you back it out too much, it won't shoot, requiring removal again. A site that may help...www.ontargetguns.com has tips and views on disassembly.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Gene.
BALOO
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#3]
BALOO
i did the trigger adjustment myself soon as i got my gun. it was the first time i had ever worked on anything smaller than a honda and had no troubles, it just took a long time cause i was careful and wanted to figure out how the thing shot too.
change to REMINGTON GOLD ammo to fix the stoveping. costs only a buck more per 500 rnds.
i had 30 failures per 500 with FERDERAL crap!!1
winchester was not much if any better
you can go to more expensive ammo like STI stingers etc but REMINGTON  has given me about 4000 rounds with ONE failure...when someone else was shooting..hmm....i only clean about ever 250 - 1000 rounds usually

im also about to install an extra stiff wolf spring. i know cheaper ammo wont cycle after i put this in but ill let you know if it affects the remington gold.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top