Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2022 9:08:51 PM EDT
Have been carrying the same lcp for years. Close to 1000 rounds through it. It just sent its second extractor is 200 rounds to outer space. I'd like to be able to get 4-500 rounds through it again without an issue but at this point it's got less than 1000 rounds through and ejected 2 extractors. Probably no more carrying it. What would y'all do? Surely I can get ruger to send another extractor, plunger and spring but for what? I don't want to put another 200 rounds through it just to have the same thing happen. It's not exactly fun to shoot. I've got several mags and several holsters for it. I like the way it fits my hand, I love how easily it carrys but golly it needs to work.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Send  it in to ruger to fix it. When comes back  put up for sale cheep. Then go get a lcp max
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 4:43:10 AM EDT
[#2]
What ammo are you using for training and carry?
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#3]
If I sell it I'll tell whoever I sell it to everything that's gone on with it. Not worth the strain on my conscience.

The first extractor problem was while working my way through a box of monarch steel case ammo. When I got it back I went right back to the same box and it broke again. I'm looking into steel case ammo and lcp's. The bodyguard, my friends glock 42, and a Bersa thunder I used to have never cared about steel case.

The lcp has had other brass case range ammo through it and some hornady carry ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top