Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2022 2:21:09 PM EDT
I have a 45 Colt Vaquero.  Does Ruger offer a 45acp cylinder that I can send my gun in to get fitted?
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask Ruger, they have support phone numbers and a way to message them on their website. I know they will fit a new cylinder to a revolver that originally came as a convertible gun with a second cylinder, not sure if the revolver was manufactured with only one cylinder.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It used to be that Ruger would not fit another caliber cylinder unless the gun originally sold as a "convertible" because if they did, then nobody had any motivation to buy a convertible.  I don't know if that's still a rule, I've heard it both ways.  

If they say no, you can sometimes find a cylinder somewhere else and have a gunsmith do it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Called them. They aren’t accepting any work on conversions.  They said they have essentially shut down almost all production on vaqueros, struggling to find good hard working dependable people, and some are trickling out to distributors.

SO WE ARE BONED.

They are focused on the plastic guns
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 10:59:56 PM EDT
[#4]
No, but I was able to find a 9mm cylinder for my three screw Blackhawk on ebay.  I little fitting and I was ready to go.  I think I paid $350 this year.  Check ebay and Gun Broker.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, but I was able to find a 9mm cylinder for my three screw Blackhawk on ebay.  I little fitting and I was ready to go.  I think I paid $350 this year.  Check ebay and Gun Broker.
View Quote

Dang, I came across a Blackhawk with 9MM cylinder for $550(?) at our local Cabela’s and passed on it.  I asked if the cylinder was fitted and the clerk didn’t know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top