Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2017 2:47:22 PM EDT
I'm trying to decide between an SR-22 4.5" or a LCRx 3".  Just general plinking gun.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I find plinking to be much more enjoyable if I can actually hit what I plink at.  I wouldn't think that a 3" .22 would be much fun.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I do like the LCR and I am a tried and true S&W guy. With a revolver the trigger is a good part of the whole thing and I rate the LCR as nearly as good as the S&W 617

Not a huge fan of the sr22 ,look around and buy a ruger standard model . Fairly compact and a really reliable gun that will pretty much shoot any high velocity 22 ammo out there and likely will also function with CCI std if you want something less.

The Standard model has the shorter barrel and fixed sights that are frowned on by many but I think just as good as adjustable on a 22 and less likely to get knocked around. The used Standard model should only run you $250 or $275 which will allow you plenty for ammo and allow you to start saving for a nice S&W 617 because what you really need is to get both!
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#3]
All my .22 handguns are pistols, but if I'm getting another one it'll be a revolver.

Diamondback, anyone?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm trying to decide between an SR-22 4.5" or a LCRx 3".  Just general plinking gun.  Any suggestions?
View Quote

This is not the comparison I was expecting when I clicked this thread.  

If it were me, the debate would be between a Single Six/Single Ten and a Mark IV for a general plinking gun, depending I guess on whether I wanted to feel like a cowboy that day, vs an assassin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top