Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 8:23:15 AM EDT
Thinking of getting one of the new Mk3s. Wondering whether to get a regular or 22/45 version.
Is one version easier to clean than the other? Whats your general opinion of either?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I would rather have the MK III.  I think the 22/45 was designed for competion shooters who are required to shoot BOTH .22 and .45 to obtain a similar feel.  Thus all of the .22 conversion kits for the more popular 1911 clones.  I think the MK feels better.  The III has some cool features over the II's.  I especially like the mag release.
Jules
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:33:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Does it still use the same mags as the Mark II? Maybe a stupid question.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:22:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I realized after I asked that that was a stupid question....

I did some more checking and the mags at the same price as the Mk1....at least they didn't inflate the price for the specific mags.

I hate a mag disconnect...this can probably be modified my the customer...maybe not supposed to, but never stopped me before:)

I Kinda like a loaded chamber indicater...got used to that on my XD.

The mag release is the main reason that I may buy one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Whats your opinion on blued vs. stainless and what length and type of barrel.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:29:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I would have to go with the SS 5 1/2" bull......I have an older MK I that is blued with bull barrel and it shoots awesome......but the new features (even the MK II has more features) would be a step up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a possible safety issue with the MK III's loaded chamber indicator, which was pointed out to me in my thread in the Handgun Discussion forum.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=11454
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought more about this....if all else fails, I would just render it useless (and harmless) but removing the end that is causing problems. No, you shouldn't have to do this...but if it's the only way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top