Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2010 7:37:51 PM EDT
got one in 357mag for the wife a month ago. I started carrying it and fell in love with that little bastard! So today we bring home it's twin and just put a tritium front sight on it too. Anyone else get hooked on these? kind of like, you know, potato chips, you can't have just one  

Link Posted: 10/22/2010 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to buy one very shortly.  BTW, where are the pics?
Link Posted: 10/31/2010 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Are those Big Dots?

And how did you put those on?
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 3:27:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I just have to imagine that the recoil impulse in one of these with some .357 would be "vigorous".
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 4:07:20 AM EDT
[#4]
how's the kick on the .357?  I was holding off until the .357 came out but I came across a super deal on a like new .38spl and just couldn't pass it up.  This post has me thinking about picking up the .357 now...

also, what speed loader are you using?
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 4:43:44 AM EDT
[#5]
well, to answer all questions. the sights are standard size dots from http://www.xssights.com/index.html, see my other post on this with pics of the whole kit, very happy with them! And recoil? . I think the recoil pad that Ruger put in the grip is a life saver, if you get one in 357mag do not get the crimson trace grips! you will lose the recoil pad, NOT GOOD!!! I load 38spl loads in 357mag cases and the wife and I can shoot targets for hours comfortably. Now, full power 357mag, I'm done after about 10rds and I'm one that is used to regular hand bustin' with a 454casull!! Overall I'm glad we got these in 357mag,great stopping power and you can gear down to 38spl for target shooting. Oh, the speed loader is the same one for the smith j frames and sp101, I think it is a 36 or something like that.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I bet shooting 357 Mag is a treat...LOL.

I just picked up a new LCR in 38 SPC and love it.  Put first 10 rounds downrange..Speer Gold Dot +P.  It still kicks with authority...but not as bad as a stock J-frame with boot grips.  I love this LCR.

I traded my new LCP for the LCR.  The LCP was rough on my old arthritic hands...

Link Posted: 11/24/2010 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#7]

damn those things are sweet.  I have a SP101 357 which I shoot quite a bit and love the profile and 357 round.  We have looking at getting the wife one for CCW.

Nice shooters
Link Posted: 11/24/2010 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I carry a LCP, and fingered a LCR the other day and loved the feel and weight. Also like the fact it was .357 over .380... It's in the running for a new ccw.
Link Posted: 2/16/2011 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#9]
How are these for a CCW?  I have been 21 for 6 months and I have yet to get my CCW.  I know, I know.  Pathetic.  I'm holding out on a good CCW piece.  These look very nice, but I don't know of anyone who has one.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How are these for a CCW?  I have been 21 for 6 months and I have yet to get my CCW.  I know, I know.  Pathetic.  I'm holding out on a good CCW piece.  These look very nice, but I don't know of anyone who has one.

The LCR is as good as it gets with a revolver for concealed carry (unless you count the NAA .22 revolvers, but those are hardly ideal for primary carry).  The LCP or Kel-Tec P3AT are even easier to carry and hold more rounds, but the only way to know what works best for you is to try them out.  Try finding a shooting range that will let you rent guns since you don't know anybody that owns one.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I fingered one at a shop on Tuesday and loved it.  Ordered a new one off Gunbroker tonight, price after transfer fee is $390.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got one of those today myself . Just ordered the boot grip and the big dot tonight for it too. I am really liking this thing so far, gonna pick up some good .357 hollowpoints at the show tomorrow.

EZ
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I want one.
Has anyone got one with the other rubber grips they put on it?  The one that they've sold in the past with the tritium sight already in place, had different grips.

Now if they would only make one of these with an exposed hammer, and about a 3" barrel in .22lr.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 4:05:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I want one.
Has anyone got one with the other rubber grips they put on it?  The one that they've sold in the past with the tritium sight already in place, had different grips.

Now if they would only make one of these with an exposed hammer, and about a 3" barrel in .22lr.

I'd take one with a 3" barrel in .357 myself.  I have a friend with one in .357 and it is sweet, but pocket carry is difficult for me due to my physique.  Thus, I'd prefer a slightly longer barrel for a little less muzzle flash and a little more velocity.  With an inside the waistband holster, I don't think an extra 1.12" would hurt concealment.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 9:09:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want one.

I'd take one with a 3" barrel in .357 myself.  I have a friend with one in .357 and it is sweet, but pocket carry is difficult for me due to my physique.  Thus, I'd prefer a slightly longer barrel for a little less muzzle flash and a little more velocity.  With an inside the waistband holster, I don't think an extra 1.12" would hurt concealment.

I put the boot grips and night site on mine. When you buy the pistol if you register the warranty online it will give you 20% off anything from the Ruger store, so it came out to about $75 for the grips and site.

Mine is in .357 and i put 100 rounds of .38 spc and 10 rounds of .357 mag through it on Saturday. Shoots good, the Big Dot picks up very quickly. Recoil is brisk in .38, and downright NOT FUN in .357. After the 5 rounds of .357 it had busted open the web of my hand. Mainly i think it was due to the rubber grip gripping and ripping the skin when it recoiled.

Still I really like this thing and carry .357's in it
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I just ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck for my LCR and hope it's as comfortable to carry as my g19, also in a Supertuck
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Bought mine yesterday and now the wife wants one! Yay
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Bought mine yesterday and now the wife wants one! Yay

Yep, same story here, took ours out hiking in the mountains for the first time and my wife packed it, and now my wife wants one of her own.  We have 100 or less rounds in the gun, and are shopping for a second already.

Link Posted: 3/24/2011 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#19]
For you guys that have shot both models (.38 and .357) is the additional 4 ounces of the .357 model substantial enough to assist in taming .38 +P's and make the extra cost worth it? I have no desire to carry or shoot .357 from a snubbie and that would be my only attracting factor to the newer model.
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anyone else get hooked on these? kind of like, you know, potato chips, you can't have just one

Just got my first one yesterday in .38 Special. I love it. Thought it would be better than carrying my Glock in the summer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2011 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I pick up my LCR .357 tomorrow! I can't wait!
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For you guys that have shot both models (.38 and .357) is the additional 4 ounces of the .357 model substantial enough to assist in taming .38 +P's and make the extra cost worth it? I have no desire to carry or shoot .357 from a snubbie and that would be my only attracting factor to the newer model.

I own both and yes the LRC357 has noticable less recoil than the .38 when firing .38's.

BUT the LCR .38 carries lighter too.

So it's a choice you have to make. Neither kick that bad to me. If you want long range sessions get the .357. If your not going to fire it that much but carry it often and don't about magnum ammo just get the .38.

Definatly get them with the Hogue grips most of them come with.

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 10:59:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Caryy on my wayward son.  Carry on.

That is all!  (nice totes)

SS
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 7:42:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't think it's worth the extra cost, it's about $50 more for the .357 models I've seen.
Link Posted: 4/18/2011 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#25]
So how does carrying the LCR compare to your Glock? I'm thinking of getting one of these to carry in place of my Glock 26 this summer, but only if it is noticeably smaller or easier to carry.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone else get hooked on these? kind of like, you know, potato chips, you can't have just one

Just got my first one yesterday in .38 Special. I love it. Thought it would be better than carrying my Glock in the summer.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Had my LCR .38 for over a year now. Love it as a carry gun. Fits in my front pocket of jeans, khakis or anything.

I have, on occasion, forgotten about it being there. I love the weight (or lack thereof) .  For CCW

Now if I could just get the time to be more accurate with it...

I carry it with +Ps, I just can't imagine if I ever had to use it, coming out thinking it would have gone better had it been loaded with .357.....just don't see the difference. Of course, I will be deef, but alive.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Been carrying mine (.38 )  for over a year, hard to beat how great this thing is. Light, small and goes bang when i pull the trigger.
Just what I need here in Florida with this hot weather, easy to conceal. Long trigger pull but very smooth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top