Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2010 8:54:02 PM EDT
––-

Link Posted: 6/17/2010 6:32:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Good looking gun, looking forward to the range report.
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
looked great!
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet, I've been thinking about trading my UC II for the UC Pro model.
Link Posted: 6/19/2010 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#4]
SWEET!!!!! I LOVE the Bobbed tail!!!! Bet thats awesome for carry!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Kimber finally got the two-tone correct.

Great looking pistol!
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#6]
All, thanks for the compliments!

Kimber did get the Super Carry series right for carry - no Swartz safety; rounded bobtail; aluminum frame; high cut under the trigger guard; carry melt; front strap serrations; recessed slide stop; and ambi safety. .

Added - night sights with a shouldered rear sight and beveled slide serrations. The Super Carry Pro weighs only 28 ounces empty.
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All, thanks for the compliments!

Kimber did get the Super Carry series right for carry - no Schwartz safety; rounded bobtail; aluminum frame; cut under the trigger guard; melted; front strap serrations; recessed slide stop; and ambi safety. .

Can't forget about the night sights!

So have you shot it yet?

I've been thinking about getting this for my ccw.
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw the MSRP was around 1500 dollars or so? Whats the real street price approximately?
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Observations:

Pros: This Super Carry Pro shoots like a CDP Pro - it has very good accuracy and has a nice, crisp trigger.  It shoots better than I can.  

I cleaned, lubed, and racked the SCP well, and changed the factory spring to a Wolff 22 pound spring.  No FTF.

The rounded bobtail feels very natural in the hand and does help to reduce printing a little bit.  The mainspring housing is metal, not plastic.

This is a light gun at 28 ounces due to the alloy.

The cocking shoulder on the rear sight is pretty neat - I hope I never have to use it!   The SCP comes with bright Mepro night sights.

The high cut under the trigger guard is also a nice custom touch, as is the recessed slide stop. The melt job on the slide is also very well done.

Cons: The SCP has a bit more snappy recoil than steel because of the alloy frame, but it is still manageable even with a +p load. Double taps are a little slower due to the recoil.  

It is taking a while to get used to the serrations on the front strap versus the 30 checkering on my CDP Pro. The serrations do not seem to be as grippy as the 30 checkering. But the Micarta grips with checkering provide a great grip.  I do not like the serrations on the the top of the slide, but that is a matter of taste and is no big deal.

Overall: Kimber was listening to the market and put many desired features into the SCP with carry in mind. The SCP is a great value for the $1300 street price if you want a bobtail, two-tone carry gun with an alloy frame.

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
New Super Carry Pro alloy bobtail and no Swartz FPS.

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/bigtexan11764/1278040480.jpg

Love the cocking serrations there's just one thing missing? Well maybe I should say 2 thing's.....TWO INCH'S....lol

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 10:15:33 PM EDT
[#11]
My Super Carry Pro wearing VZ Operator II Hyena grips:

Link Posted: 7/25/2010 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Observations:

Pros: This Super Carry Pro shoots like a CDP Pro - it has very good accuracy and has a nice, crisp trigger.  It shoots better than I can.  

I cleaned, lubed, and racked the SCP well, and changed the factory spring to a Wolff 22 pound spring.  No FTF.

The rounded bobtail feels very natural in the hand and does help to reduce printing a little bit.  The mainspring housing is metal, not plastic.

This is a light gun at 28 ounces due to the alloy.

The cocking shoulder on the rear sight is pretty neat - I hope I never have to use it!   The SCP comes with bright Mepro night sights.

The high cut under the trigger guard is also a nice custom touch, as is the recessed slide stop. The melt job on the slide is also very well done.

Cons: The SCP has a bit more snappy recoil than steel because of the alloy frame, but it is still manageable even with a +p load. Double taps are a little slower due to the recoil.  

It is taking a while to get used to the serrations on the front strap versus the 30 checkering on my CDP Pro. The serrations do not seem to be as grippy as the 30 checkering. But the Micarta grips with checkering provide a great grip.  I do not like the serrations on the the top of the slide, but that is a matter of taste and is no big deal.

Overall: Kimber was listening to the market and put many desired features into the SCP with carry in mind. The SCP is a great value for the $1300 street price if you want a bobtail, two-tone carry gun with an alloy frame.

Post some pics of the serration's on top of the slide, are they similar to the Raptor's?

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#13]
My Super Carry Pro with new shoes - Sarge's Afzelia Burl grips:

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 7:23:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Man I Love those wood swirle grip's where did you get those???
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#16]
The grips on my SCP are African Afzelia Burl wood from http://shop.thefinergrain.com/category.sc?categoryId=2, made by Sarge the master.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#17]
SCC after ringing some steel.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top