Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 4:21:36 PM EDT
Hey Guys -

I am new to this forum, and have just purchased my first 1911/Kimber.  I purchased the Tactical Pro II, and as you probably know, it only comes with one magazine.  

Can you guys suggest a good aftermarket one (I have noticed many of you have had problems with the factory ones).  I have Looked at Chip McCormick, Wilson, Etc.  and they all look the same to me.

I would like 8 rounders, and they need the base pad for use with the Tactical's Mag Well.

I would appreciate hearing from those of you with some experience in this area.

Thanks,

John AKA 5Shot

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Kimber TLE/RL II and I bought a bunch of these:

www.cdnninvestments.com/1945ac8rdsta3.html

Have not had any problems so far.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally like the black 8 round Wilsons.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Wilson makes the most reliable 1911 magazine.

If you cant locate any Wilsons, Id find some Wilsons.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses - I think I will look for Wilson mags.  I would not put my life on the line for the small difference in price.

Thanks again.

5 Shot
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Gee guy's but I'm going have to put in my .02 worth.......
............Get some Wilsons
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top