Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:35:53 AM EDT
I have heard some negative things about the KimPro finish. Is anyone who has a Pistol with a Kim Pro finish not satisfied?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#1]
It does seem to be a little thin.  I have a Kimber Warrior.  It's not even a year old and there is some areas where the finish is coming off.  I use a safariland 6004 holster, so that accounts for some of the wear and tear, but overall, it is far from a durable finish.  I figure I will just shoot it until I become so dissatisfied with how it looks that I get it refinished.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The Kimber TLE RL uses a standard type blueing right? Does anyone think standard type blueing would be more durable than Kim Pro?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a TLE II (matte bluing).  I have heard negative things about KimPro too.  What I haven't heard about is how Kimber fixed the problem or if they did at all?  When my TLE was matte blue it seemed to wear ok.  The main places I noticed were the slide stop and thumb safety.  I ended up getting the gun refinished by Robar in NP3 and that finish has been awesome.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top