Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 6:00:56 PM EDT
I have stayed away from 1911 type pistols because of past experience with them. I have a Kimber BP Ten II and I have put about 300 rounds through the gun with occasional FTF. If it was not for the fact that this is the most accurate pistol I have shot, I would be sick. My SIG 239 is accurate, but not anything like this Kimber. It seems others have some of the same symptoms and if the 1911 type pistols are so great, why do you have to spend two or three times the price of a quality gun (Glock - SIG) in order to get one to be totally reliable (partial rant). I have never had a FTF/FTE or any malfunction from the Sig or the Glocks I have owned. I actually went to the gun shop to get a Glock 21 and ended up with the Kimber. Does any one else have a problem with the Kimber biting between the thumb and forefinger (safety latch digs into my hand - had to resort to a glove today).
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Please delete
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Why does a Porsche cost 2x as much as a Corvette that performs about the same?

Take a Handgun course where equipment gets used hard.   I've seen Glocks jam, I've seen Sigs jam, I've seen 1911's jam.

Glocks are pretty danged reliable (except the handgrenade ones), but I'll still take the 1911.   My Kimbers are very reliable and great guns.  

FWIW - the course I just took this weekend - the instructor has had THREE Glocks explode in his presense, and ZERO 1911's.      Again, FWIW - just his personal experience.....

Kimber's don't bite my hands at all.

It sounds like you've made up your mind, and that's fine - different strokes for different folks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top