Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 6:13:57 PM EDT
I have a bad sear and hammer in my TLE. I also have a Stainless II and decided to switch the sears and hammers of both guns to remedy my TLE situation, since that's my favorite. It works much better now!  And the parts fit perfect. I figure that since they're basically the same gun and parts.  Anyone else try this? I suppose it would be just like ordering new parts if any of them were broken.  Same difference, especially on those two guns
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:17:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I was a stupid idiot who didn't know any better until recently about now dropping the slide on on an empty chamber. When inspecting the sear with my naked eye, I can see a little ridge on the hammer and a small one on the sear. It looked kind of like it was being banged hard which is actually what happened.  I'm probably being too anal, cause I  haven't had any problems yet. But compared to the other hammer and sear, the "bad" one had some worn ridges on it.  The others were smooth and crisp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top