Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2009 2:49:54 PM EDT
Are there any problems or any warning signs to look for when buying a used desert eagle,  figured this would be the best place to ask i dont really know what im looking for in terms of buy it, dont buy it , ( friend of a friend deal has come up and im thinking about buying it off him its got the black finish and its a 50ae)
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
47 reads and nobody has any info on what to look out for when buying a used one ?
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Recoil springs seem to go pretty quick.

How to check:
With barrel pointing up rack slide back and let the springs pull the slide forward/up.
If the slide does not connect closely with the pistol frame your springs may be wore out.

Other than eating recoil springs I have not heard about too many short comings on the DE pistols.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How to check:
With barrel pointing up rack slide back and let the springs pull the slide forward/up.
If the slide does not connect closely with the pistol frame your springs may be wore out.

Other than eating recoil springs I have not heard about too many short comings on the DE pistols.

Have you actually HELD it in your hands? Seriously, you need to do this first before you even entertain the thought of buying one. If you have huge hands you'll be OK, smaller ones................well, good luck. They are cool looking, as far as shooting one..............not so much.

Link Posted: 5/22/2009 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up a .50AE in trade a month or two ago.  Put about 50 rounds through it so far.  I've got smallish hands, but I didn't have a lot of trouble shooting it with one hand.  Didn't feel too great, but I didn't throw the gun behind me, or hit myself in the nose or anything.  They're fun, but expensive to shoot.

ETA: just noticed the last post in this thread is almost a month old.  Not the most active forum on ARF is it?
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How to check:

Out of curiosity where do you buy replacement springs magnum research,
or are there better ones cause I would like to have a replacement on hand ?
Thanks

Link Posted: 5/31/2009 3:14:50 AM EDT
[#7]
You can purchase replacement spring kits from Magnum Research or here: http://www.falconarms.com/xcart/home.php?cat=9

Link Posted: 5/31/2009 4:45:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You can purchase replacement spring kits from Magnum Research or here: http://www.falconarms.com/xcart/home.php?cat=9

thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought my stainless 50 used and after a 100rds the extractor spring went out. Turns out it was rubber

Replaced it with a AR15 ext spring and It runs great
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top