Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2002 4:23:06 AM EDT
I wanna get a USPC in prolly BOTH .40 and 9mm.

This variant stuff is confusing me, tho.

The Variant 1 seems to sell much cheaper (used) Why is that?? Is it just cuz its an older gun???

Can a Variant 1 operate in both SA and DA??? I read somewhere it can be carried cocked and locked, but I'm not a big fan of C&L.

Any advice here would be appreciated. And I do mean ANY.

Link Posted: 2/5/2002 4:42:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Variant 1 is a tad cheaper used probably because that is the most common variant. Probably more of them floating around than any other. Yes, they can be carried Cocked and Locked, although I never really carry mine that way.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:13:20 AM EDT
[#2]

This lays out the differences between the variants. As Hawkeye1 said, Variant 1 is less expensive because it's the standard and considerably more of them roll out of the factory than any other.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I am right handed. (left brained)

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:32:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I wanna get a USPC in prolly BOTH .40 and 9mm.

Yep, that's usually how it starts. Then once you shoot one, you'll want the full-size in every caliber. Then you get familiar with the P7 family and it's downhill from there...h=85%

The Variant 1 seems to sell much cheaper (used) Why is that?? Is it just cuz its an older gun???
Can a Variant 1 operate in both SA and DA??? I read somewhere it can be carried cocked and locked, but I'm not a big fan of C&L.

The variant 1 is the most common, you can easily tell the date of what year it was made by the two letter date code on the right side of the slide.

A B C D E F G H I K
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You can't go wrong with the HK USP or P7 line.

Edited to add that yes the variant 1 is SA/DA
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Can the Compact be ordered with a threaded barrel...  or is it not an option?
W
Archived [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Need advice about H&K USP Compact
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top