Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2008 7:10:43 PM EDT
I just bought a front night sight for the USP Tactical. Local gunsmith wants $45 just to install the front sight. Me and a buddy were thinking about going in 50/50 on a sight tool. Anybody have any recommendations for a front sight tool that does dovetails like on the USP?
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Brass punch and vice.

www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=6741&title=BRASS%20PUNCH%20SET

Really? you don't think I could end up Fubar'ing the slide? I already have a brass punch set.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#3]
clamp it in the vise with a rag or something around it that wont let the vise mar the side.  Also don't clamp it any tighter than you need to to keep from smashing the slide.  Other than that, have a bit of care and hammer away.  I dinged up my front sight a slight bit, but not badly by any means.  I also had a punch that was a little larger than I would have wished.  You should be fine if you have a set.  My rear one drove out easy, the front took a bit of smacking.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top