Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2003 8:25:34 PM EDT
Hi, new here to this forum, I just got a new USP.45 full size.
Will it shoot 230 grain FMJ or do I need to have a 5inch barrel ?

Also is break-free clp a good cleaner and lub. to use on it (that wont hurt the frame), thanks sorry for the newbie post but I have never owned a .45 always been 9mm, till one day at the range a guy let me shoot his Hk USP .45 compact and I love the .45 but didnt like the compact, so I traded my glock 17 in on the full size HK .45 anyone willing to help out a newbie thanks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations on a good choice.   The USP (full-size or compact) handles FMJ 230 grain just fine.  In the full-size USP shoot only jacketed bullets (ie, no LRN or LSWC) - the polygonal rifling increases bore pressures with unjacketed bullets.  CLP won't hurt the frame.  I prefer a _light_ coating of Tetra grease on the slide rails instead of CLP, but I suspect CLP would work also.  BTW, Galco Fed Paddle or Fletch are nice holsters for the full-sized USP.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
bob-ar15, thanks for the info.

I will try the other lub. you spoke of, I did not think the break-free clp would hurt the frame cause HK had a sample pack in the gun case but still wanted to know for sure.

I got a uncle mikes side-kick holster it works great for hidding it my shooting buddy did not even know I had my USP on me and I was wearing a lose t-shirt so I guess it works, but did see a holster at the gun shop last weeken that looked really nice but was $68.99 I didnt look at the name of it after I saw the price tag I walked away.

thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on the new gun.

I've been useing Militec-1 for my lube.www.militec-1.com/ Check their site, you can get a free sample of it, make sure you ask for the lube AND grease.

Alot of guys over at www.hkpro.com swear by it.  
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top