Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/30/2006 11:28:22 AM EDT
I did search the Insight technologies website for answers but it was of no help.
I'm wondering if anyone offers a LED conversion of this light...I also have a streamlight tlr-1 on my sig pro and thats a far better light imho, if a led conversion was available for the UTL I'd be a happy camper.
I know I could just bolt on an adapter and run the streamlight on my HK but thats not what I'm really wanting to do.

TIA
Marcus
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The UTL Mk II is exactly the same light as the Insight M2.   If they sell a conversion for the M2 then it will work on the UTL Mk II.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks, BigBore
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:35:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Drop-in LED replacement modules are available for SF 6P lights; I don't recall seeing any similar for the M2/M3 incan module for the InSight light. AFAIK, the bulb/module for the M2 and M3 are the same.

But I'd buy one in a heartbeat; IF it was a 3 or 5 watter of good bin selection. I've been told by several users that the relatively new StreamLight TLR LED gun light has artifacts (little whorls and circles in the beam). This is a dead give-away of poor LED selection. Dunno, I haven't examined one myself. But these guys have no reason to lie about it.

I have an M3 for my Glock and an M2 for my USPc. I would love to have an LED conversion for them equal to that of the SF X-200. Anything less wouldn't be worth messing with.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top