Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 4:43:18 PM EDT

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#1]
cool.  your muzzle awareness needs work though.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice Vids.  Cool to hear the difference in the sound.  Keep em comin

Oooh, try this next time you go out- keep your body square to the target.  Extend both arms, with your left arm being slightly straighter than the right (it grips further up on the gun, thus should be more straight if you shoot both arms extended, square to the target).  Keep your grip as high as possible, with your thumb over the safety, and both of your thumbs pointed at the target.  Knees slightly bent, shoulder width apart, slightly leaning forward.  Supporting had does about 60% of the gripping, shooting hand does 40%, with the emphasis on the trigger pull.  Keep that left hand pointer finger under the trigger guard as well.  

I switched to this style of stance/grip after shooting HK's due to their somewhat higher bore axis.  This grip made follow up shots ALOT faster for me personally, and now I recommend it to anyone who shoots HK's.  I'm not bashing your grip or shooting style, just offering a hint that was once offered to me, that made my shooting experience better.

Take care, and keep up the vids on the HK's.  I got 2 with threaded barrels and no cans, thanks to IL
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Nice.  Was the can totally dry?  Was it very hot when you took it off in the vid after one mag?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:16:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nice.  Was the can totally dry?  Was it very hot when you took it off in the vid after one mag?

Can was wet (water), It does get extremely hot fast. One mag is the limit for taking it off right away. I usually don't take it off until I'm ready to leave. I shoot 1 or 2 mags then let it cool off. It needs more water after the second mag anyways.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:18:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nice Vids.  Cool to hear the difference in the sound.  Keep em comin

Oooh, try this next time you go out- keep your body square to the target.  Extend both arms, with your left arm being slightly straighter than the right (it grips further up on the gun, thus should be more straight if you shoot both arms extended, square to the target).  Keep your grip as high as possible, with your thumb over the safety, and both of your thumbs pointed at the target.  Knees slightly bent, shoulder width apart, slightly leaning forward.  Supporting had does about 60% of the gripping, shooting hand does 40%, with the emphasis on the trigger pull.  Keep that left hand pointer finger under the trigger guard as well.  

I switched to this style of stance/grip after shooting HK's due to their somewhat higher bore axis.  This grip made follow up shots ALOT faster for me personally, and now I recommend it to anyone who shoots HK's.  I'm not bashing your grip or shooting style, just offering a hint that was once offered to me, that made my shooting experience better.

Take care, and keep up the vids on the HK's.  I got 2 with threaded barrels and no cans, thanks to IL

Cool. Thanks for the tips. My first formal hand gun training is Dec. 3rd, Everything I've learned so far has been from people at my gun club or on the net. The 3rd will have class room and range exercises.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#6]
For me it works better if I have my right hand straight and left hand slightly bent. This seems to be a 1911 people's thing, but I really hate shooting with thumb over safety, I want my thumb on the grip for firm grip.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
For me it works better if I have my right hand straight and left hand slightly bent. This seems to be a 1911 people's thing, but I really hate shooting with thumb over safety, I want my thumb on the grip for firm grip.

Try it the way I described, but keep your thumb wherever you want.  You might like it, its really fast.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top