Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 2:20:49 PM EDT
i've wanted a 45 tactical model for quite some time.  i currently have the USP45 Stainless unit.  i dig it.  i've heard prices for a 95% SS all over the range...  

i'm considering selling the SS unit to help finance the Tactical.  if i'm going to get very little for the SS, i'll keep it and save the pennies for the tactical.  as far as the tactical goes, i'd buy a new one or a nice used one.  hell, i'd trade the ss for a used or new tactical in a perfect world.

anybody able to give me an average value for a 95% SS unit?  are they considered worth more or less than the standard version?  am i stupid and should i hold onto the ss?

your thoughts?

thanks,

septic tank

ETA - i can post pics if it helps, but the gun has been used for about two or three hundred rounds and i have taken care of it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:57:48 AM EDT
[#1]
The stainless steel should go for $25 - $50 more than the standard version. I would keep the SS version of the USP and save up the money. I just purchased a tactical this past weekend at a gun show (AG -date code) and I really like this gun.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:39:11 AM EDT
[#2]
saving up for it may be my course of action.  

what's up with the date codes?  is there significance with dates corresponding to quality or features?  i guess i'm not in the know on this.

-septic tank
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:50:32 AM EDT
[#3]
In typical AR15.com fashion, get both!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
saving up for it may be my course of action.  

what's up with the date codes?  is there significance with dates corresponding to quality or features?  i guess i'm not in the know on this.

-septic tank

The AG date code only means it was made in 2006. My .45 compact SS version is a date code of AB so it was made in 2001.

A B C D E F G H I K  - tells the year the handgun was made in.
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:05:21 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the information!  

glad to know it.  i was hoping there wasn't a group or date code i was supposed to shy away from.

i suppose, i'll save up for the tactical and keep the SS unit.  now if i could just find that tree that money grows on...

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#6]
HK does not produce the stainless version anymore -

Keep the stainless - the tactical is just not worth it -
If you want to get a suppresor you can always just buy a
threaded barrel...
You can buy a match trigger for the USP for $125-ish
Adjustable sights are also easy to get

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top