Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/17/2006 7:32:01 PM EDT
I have a USP and was wondering what light I should get for it.  I would rather not deal with a rail adaptor unless there is no other choice.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Stuck w/ UTL then.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Stuck w/ UTL then.

Well, if that is the only light that will mount than it looks like I will have to use an adaptor.  Is there any one adaptor that is better than the others?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Im in the same boat.  I have a full size USP .40.  I checked the price of the H&K UTL and the insight technologies M-2 and the price is out of my league for a "light".  I suggest getting a GG&G M-3/ M-6 mount and a cheap M-3 ligt from texas tactical.  Please excuse my spelling............Im a little drunk
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.thefirestore.com/store/product.cfm?pID=3695

for adapter. Alot cheaper then GG&G
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:28:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a full size USP .45 and a UTL. I see two problems with this light. The activation switch is situated vertically and is activated horizontaly; EG: left to right  for momentary light and right to left for permanent on. Being that the activation switch points staight down , it hits slightly on the holster when holstering the weapon. Due to this I have broken the switch leaver  two times now and had to send it back to insight for repair.

Being that I feel this is unacceptable I purchased a GG&G rail adapter and an X200 light to replace the UTL. I really like how this light fits on the gun it is MUCH better for light activation because the switch leaver is horizontal and is activated by pushing straight forward for momentary light and down for permanent on. It is also smaller. I LIKE THIS COMBINATION A LOT!!

Now the problem. No one makes a duty holster or off duty holster for that matter, that will fit this weapon / light combination. It will not fit in a holster designed for the USP/UTL combo. (too loose)

With that said I will say that Insight has repaired my UTL three times and done so for free and fairly quickly. Also the GG&G adapter is VERY high quality, fits well and is thin and small. the

THE DISCLAIMER.
I tend to shoot a lot, from many differant positions, many times with the weapon very close to the ground and a lot of rounds down range. I am brutal on equipment and probibly should be an abuse tester for companys who provide after market equipment. If you dont shoot very much and arn't hard on equipment them YMMV.

Be safe, shoot well
D.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#6]
You can get the GG&G adapter from surefire for half the coast.

I think Surefire now has a couple of lights that will fit an H&K
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top