Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 2:01:05 PM EDT
I got a question, I've heard it said that the Tactical is a deal because you get $400 worth of stuff for only about $200.  Can some one break down what this $400 is for me?  

Also what are the other diffrences between the standard USP and the Tatical?  I know about the threaded barrel and adjustable sights, anything else?

I have another question, the O-ring on the barrel.  Besides inproving accuracy,does it aid in reliablity?

Also for new Tacticals I know someone listed a couple of good dealers but I can't find the thread.  Who besides CDNN would have theem in stock.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Difference between an O-ring threaded barrel and a normal barrel (295-225): $70
Match sights: $135
Match trigger: $125 plus installation
Soft case: $75
Cleaning kit: $25
4 extra o-rings: $20
$450 right there.

The word "TACTICAL" on the slide:  PRICELESS!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't count the match sights, you'll want to lose them as soon as you get it for regular tritum night sights. Why they put match sites on a tactical pistol puzzles me
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
The Barrel is longer, which makes it slightly more accurate.

The barrel also has an o-ring near the muzzle that aids in barrel to slide alignment, also aiding accuracy.

The last thing I can think of is the match trigger. I hear it's much better than a standard USP.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The word "TACTICAL" on the slide:  PRICELESS!

LMOA.

Sounds like a lot good stuff for the money.  I think I need to get one.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I wouldn't count the match sights, you'll want to lose them as soon as you get it for regular tritum night sights. Why they put match sites on a tactical pistol puzzles me

I like the match sights, but at night they're worthless. It's an easy fix, but it should have a more user friendly option out of the box.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#6]
You won't find any argument from me about the Tac's sights being about as worthless as tits on a boar hog for a "tactical" weapon.  However, since 99% of all Tacs sold see nothing more tactical than a paper target cut-out of a BG then the sights that come on the Tac are superb.  For paper work in daylight they are excellent, but for night time honest to god tactical use, in a word: worthless.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top