Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 9/4/2005 11:06:07 AM EDT
These are $50 on gunbroker.com and the guy selling them claims less recoil and more accuracy.
Anybody think these things are worth it?

JMN69
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#1]
IMO that is a cheap knock-off of the CCF flash suppressor.  I know for a fact the CCF Vortex does exactly what Larry claims it to do, but this off brand???  Buyer beware.   Spend a little more and get the proven product AND get Larry's no BS warranty.
CCF
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of CCF's flash hiders and as far as recoil goes I can't detect much difference but it sure does look cool.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Go with the CCF (I own the titanium)
Recently, I did a "blind" test with a friend/shooter who had no idea what it was for.

He shot about 50 rounds from my Mk23 without it, to get comforable with the pistol...then I attached it...told him it would "reduce flash". He said after about 5 rounds "I don't know about flash, but I sure as hell shoot better with it". His groupings where at least 30% tighter.

Personally, it doesn't change my groupings THAT much...but it helps.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
You live in a NFA-friendly state. I say go for the gusto and get a SWR HEMS 2 sound suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I have both the CCF & the $50.00 knock off I have shot about 500 rnds with both. As of yet I can't seem to detect much difference between the two as far as groupings are concerned. I will say that the finish on the CCF is much better. The $50.00 unit comes with a semi gloss black finish that I removed as soon as I got it and hit with some flat black engine paint. Also I will note get some Blue Locktite your going to need it they like to come lose after about 100 rnds
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top