Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 7:17:46 PM EDT
if so is there any issue with the differnet floor plates?

if possible post a pic of their tac with a mark 23 mag in it

thanks

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#1]
No problem at all and I have been doing it for at least 3 years.  The only problem with the floor plate is that the cut out in the front of the Mk 23 floor plate will leave a gap when used in the USP.  Solution, get a USP floor plate and put it on, then looks as well as it works.
While not what you really asked about, this is what a MK 23 mag looks like in a Tac after the mag has had a USP floor plate put on it.

Now, look at this picture of the cut out in the front of the Mk 23 mag, you can imagine what it would look like if in a USP.  There would be about a 1/8 inch gap in the front.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, got 8 MK23 mags, and use all of them in my Tac with no problems.

Nice being able to share mags between the two.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys, I just piced up a new tac and will eventually get a mark 23 so it will be nice being able to share mags expecially at $50 each....does anyone know where i can get a good deal on mark 23 mags

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
New?  No.  Used? Yes.  
Sunset Weapon Systems has used SOCOM mags at very good prices and they range from totally rusted to like new.  Call for more info and to let them know what you will accept.  I have 9 from them and all the ones I have gotten have been from a little rust around the floor plate that cleaned up easily to new, and all 100% functional.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
New?  No.  Used? Yes.  
Sunset Weapon Systems has used SOCOM mags at very good prices and they range from totally rusted to like new.  Call for more info and to let them know what you will accept.  I have 9 from them and all the ones I have gotten have been from a little rust around the floor plate that cleaned up easily to new, and all 100% functional.

I just got some mags and stuff from them. Good guys, but be careful, I ordered something reasonably priced and it was covered in rust. Function was 100% and when I mentioned it the owner told me I could return it for a refund. But I cleaned, lubed and kept it (still 50% rusted)
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No problem at all and I have been doing it for at least 3 years.  The only problem with the floor plate is that the cut out in the front of the Mk 23 floor plate will leave a gap when used in the USP.  Solution, get a USP floor plate and put it on, then looks as well as it works.
While not what you really asked about, this is what a MK 23 mag looks like in a Tac after the mag has had a USP floor plate put on it.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/BiggBore/Mk23onTac.jpg

Now, look at this picture of the cut out in the front of the Mk 23 mag, you can imagine what it would look like if in a USP.  There would be about a 1/8 inch gap in the front.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/BiggBore/floor%20plate%20test/IDM-10Mk23Factory.jpg

But would you please show us a picture of the Tactical with the Mk23 mags in it
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Come on, use your imagination.  The bottom picture is the Mark 23 with mag, the top is the Tac with Mk 23 mag but with the USP floor plate.  See the cutout notch in the front of the Mark 23 Mag in the bottom picture where the ledge on the front of the Mk 23 frame fits down into it?  Now, imagine if the frame did not have the ledge that would fill the notch on the top of the floor plate, that is the gap that you will see if the Mk 23 mag with the Mk 23 floor plate is used in the Tac.  If you absolutely must have a visual, print out the picture and color out the frame ledge that fits in the notch, and there you will have it.   I'm lazy also and to post that picture you want I would have to get out both guns, swap mags, take a decent picture (so that means a least a dozen shots), down load the picture into the computer, resize the pictures, upload to Photobucket, then post.  
Easier for you to print out and color with a red crayon than for me to do all that for a picture that will have little use to anyone else.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:31:51 AM EDT
[#8]

I know the photo sucked.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:46:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry here is a better pic.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank you
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top