Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 6:00:12 PM EDT
I have a USPF in 45 and the damn thing eats everything I put in it!  I've never had a malfunction of any sort and I've put 12K rounds through it.  

My question is this:  Have you ever had a malfunction of any sort?  Does your HK not fire certain ammo?

I hear of stories about people talking about their pistols not firing certain brands of ammo.  My buddy has a USPF and he's never had a single malfunction either.  The other day we were buying some hydrashoks and the guy working at the store said, "You better test fire them to make sure they work in your gun."  We both kinda looked at each other a laughed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Some guns have difficulty feeding hollow points.

Some don't, and the USP is one of them.

HOWEVER, if you plan on defending yourself with the hydrashoks, test it anyways.

Scott
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have pushed approximately 9,000 rnds through both a USP 45F and 45 Expert. No FTF... but have   found that Fiocchi 45 / 230 grain to be very accurate but very close to being to under powered to cycle my Expert.

It was the strangest thing I have experienced with a handgun. Went through 500 rnds of the Fiocchi that cycled the action so slowly I could feel the barrel lug in out of battery. (Slow mo) Though the stuff shot quarter size groups and it was practice.. so .. good to go.

The only other 45 that feeds ANY ammo like my USPs is my M2 Mauser 45.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
one of my hk's once had a squib load, the slide only came back about 1/4".  friend of mine was shooting it.  cleared it, and just about took another shot when i bit his head off about not checking the barrel.

apparently, he wasn't that informed about squib loads.  i knew immediately what happened.

i can hardly say it was the gun's fault
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#4]
My USP45 has shot every type of 230gr ammo that I have put in it.  No issues with any 230gr JHPs I've tried(Winchester, Win Silvertip, Win Ranger, Remington, Federal Tactical).

I had some issues with 165gr unjacketed rounds, but I was also using a Promag magazine at the time so could be mag related.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Any time, any place, any food.  The only time I have had any HK fail was with a lot of Black Hills 230 gr. HP ammo.  the mouth of the case did not have the flair removed and it caused the slide not to go completely into battery.  When you removed the cartridge you could see how the mouth was scuffed up.  Other than those 4 or 5 rounds out of 100 I have never had any other kind of problem.  Total through all my shooting HKs is well over 15,000 rounds.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#6]
thats why I love my USP 45f, it just works.and I dont worry about what I put in it .I dont use wolf because it sucks,steel case,ejector andway too much flash and dirty(sound of beating old horse to death)but it is nice having a pistol that eats anything you put in it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]
About 4k of the rounds shot through mine were Wolf.  It worked fine.  I didn't worry too much about the extractor on it getting worn,  it looks like it's easily replaceable anyhow.  Has anyone ever had to replace an extractor?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#8]
About 1000 rounds threw my USPC40 and one stove pipe on last round in magazine but I think I was to blame, had finger on slide release while shooting.. Have only put new brass threw it,but many types, Hornady, Hornady TAP, HydraShocks, Corbon(This is the one it stoved on), American Eagle, and a few others they all feed fine..

By the way Iroc I would have been curios how that sqib went after the second shot, these are suppose to be able to clear like that, however I would not want to try it in mine... Anyone ever seen it done???
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah once my buddy, "Death_005" got my USP .40 S&W Fullsize to fail to feed a round into the chamber. Somehow the round went vertical and got stuck on the top of the chamber. This was with common 165gr. FMJ Winchester White Box 100rd Value Pack. I felt really bad but soon got over it because no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it to repeat and it has never failed me so I feel fine.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I used mine at frontsight, and hoped it would malfunction so I could clear a real one instead of a staged one. of course, it didnt.

I did have one type one, but that was my fault. I didnt seat the mag all the way, so it didnt feed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#11]
My old USP .45 never had a malfunction. Good guns.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#12]
None so far.....

My USP has been flawless so far.

I am quite impressed with the HKs, I just went out and bought a P2000
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top