Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 2:59:21 PM EDT
where can I find em? hope to get 1 to shoot lead bullets thru. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#2]
ccfa.com/HK_O-Ring%20Barrels.htm

Don't have any personal experience with them, but they seem to be pretty highly regarded.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#3]
what's button rifling?  how does it compare to polygonal?

i wouldn't mind trying out an oring barrel for my uspf .40, maybe i should just look into getting a tac bbl for it.  i like the polygonal rifling, not too keen on dropping it for std.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I want to try one of the CCF barrels so I can have an extended length barrel for my USP 9 and also so I can put a suppressor on it eventually. But I wished I could find an extended, threaded barrel with the polygonal rifling since the barrel on my USP 9 has standard rifling(1994 model USP 9). I wouldn't mind trying a Olympic Arms USP barrel too. Even though they have a bad rep around here that has never bothered me from owning or shooting thier products. I have had great luck with them and plan to carry a few of thier rifles in my shop when it opens in the next few months. Thanks Arvin
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:51:37 AM EDT
[#5]
arvin, you know you could probably get an sd9 bbl for your 9mm usp.  the only sad thing is, the sd9 isn't o-ringed
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Iroc,
That is exactly why I haven't gone the USP 9SD route. I have heard that the accuracy of the USP 9SD is not that great. I have been told just to sell my USP 9 and buy a USP 9SD but I have never liked that idea since I have an early USP with the conventional rifled factory USP barrel and I always think strange or discontinued options like that should be worth something and the price difference between a used USP 9 and a new USP 9SD is too much considering there isn't enough different to justify the price. Plus I like my USP 9's barrel. The thing is very accurate and to me has to be the most accurate pistol I have ever owned. I would trust my life with it for carry use it also eats whatever I feed it. But I prefer high quality defense ammo for mine like Remington +P Golden Sabers or Hornady XTP-HPs. Thanks Arvin
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Button rifling=conventional rifling.  Like the kind you would see in any normal bbl (handgun or rifle).  It will have the deep groove or "valleys" in it.  Poly bbls are different in that they do not have the grooves.  The poly bbls are shaped like a hexagon (six sides in a HK, eight sides in a Glock).  I like 'em a lot better.  Much easier to clean cause there are no grooves to clean out.  HK's bbls are also cold hammer forged.  Same way they make the cannon bbls for tanks.

I believe that you can not shoot lead bullets out of a poly bbl.  You must use some type of jacketed bullet.

CCF bbls are pretty damn good from what everyone here says.  Lots of happy customers form them.  I've got all .45's.  I'm sticking with the poly.  If I had a .40, I'd seriously consider keeping the bbl poly if I wanted the o-ring and threads.  Just a personal preferance.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top