Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2011 8:42:06 AM EDT
So I picked up my first HK.  A USPc .40 DAO LEM.  I absolutely love it.  The only thing I would like to replace are the sights.  It came with the night sights, but I would really like to have fiber optic as well to get the glow during the day.  Another option I am thinking about is just switching out the front sight with a combo night/day sight.  The 3 white dots just seem to blur together.  Hard to focus on both them and the target at the same time with my crappy vision I guess.

Anyone have any thoughts/ideas or parts they recommend?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Trijicon green/green front and rear. I have them on both my HK's.

I'm not a fan of fiber optic sights since I've seen them fly off during shooting competitions.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm not a fan of fiber optic sights since I've seen them fly off during shooting competitions.

Thanks for the reply!

Well my model already came w/ Tru Dot green/green night sights.  The problem is that during the day, they are white and they blend together.  I guess I was hoping to find a front sight replacement sold by itself.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply!

Well my model already came w/ Tru Dot green/green night sights.  The problem is that during the day, they are white and they blend together.  I guess I was hoping to find a front sight replacement sold by itself.

I see, I never knew that tru dot sights went to completely white during the day. The Trijicons have a white outer ring with the green insert in the middle.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply!

I see, I never knew that tru dot sights went to completely white during the day. The Trijicons have a white outer ring with the green insert in the middle.

Yeah, maybe these are the 'cheap-basic' line of sights because they come with the model I got, hehe.  A green front during the day would be nice for sure.

Edit:

This is what I have I think:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=476345

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:08:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, maybe these are the 'cheap-basic' line of sights because they come with the model I got, hehe.  A green front during the day would be nice for sure.

Edit:

Yeah, spend the extra $30 and get the trijicons instead.

HK P2000 Trijicon
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:10:15 AM EDT
[#6]
How old is the gun?  I'd be willing to buy the sights off you when you replace them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#7]
My bad... double tap
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How old is the gun?  I'd be willing to buy the sights off you when you replace them.

I just might have to take you up on that.  It is less than I year old.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply!

Edit:

Yeah, spend the extra $30 and get the trijicons instead.

HK P2000 Trijicon

Well, I might, but like I said, they came with it.

The ones you linked to said they show as white spots in the day.  That would be what I have now.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top