Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 3:46:39 PM EDT
I picked up an HK folding Tanto blade for about $65. Manufactured by BOKER.  It's a nasy blade, I'm not a knife afficianado, just needed a new utility/gash blade. It is a solidly made blade - The one I picked up is the p2000 Tanto, which also comes in a drop point and black blade option . Does the job, well built, ergonomic HK styled grip. The blade collapse switch is located on the opposing side of the blade, no more decapitated fingers . Hell - the thing even has ambi night sights on  the little circular latch opener. Granted they aren't trijicon, Im still happy with the buy

Anyone else have HK Knives?

Below photo of open knife next to USP 45 to show size comparrison and also  to hedge of posts an telling me to go post this on Knife site

Close up of blade

closed blade next to USP .45 for size comparison , sorry for blurriness

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Don't try to get an asprin bottle open with it

Open? No need, I can chop the bottle in 1/2 now
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahhhh - thought you were referencing the decapitating fingers thing and the take down switch being on the back of the handle.

everyone  know at least one person that has had some sort of mishap w/ a folder.

I can gaurantee you I will not lose this knife... for at least a month
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
That's pretty slick!  If the cost bothers you, take comfort in the fact that my Benchmade... ahem... "assisted opening" knife was half again as much even on sale.  

Too bad the stupid laws have relegated it to a relaoding bench/range bag/letter opener....  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Aimless
I got a $ 125 fixed blade at a gun show for $ 30 and lost it that very weekend.

Bummer - $65 is a little pricey for a knife, but I have seen knives for 3, 4  $500 at gun shows - I defenitely wouldnt walk around with those, pull my hair out if i lost a 300$ knife.

I am going to treat this purchase like a nice pair of sunglasses,does the job, a little overpriced -  but you know in the back of your head you will lose thebm at some point  

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top