Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2010 5:59:04 PM EDT
I know this is the hk tread but I don't know a lot about hk. That being said, how does a hk p30 compare to a springfield xdm. I am trying to decide which one will be my next buy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2010 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
As an owner of several XD's and XDM's (awesome pistols) who recently had the chance to shoot a slightly modd'ed P30 LEM, the P30 LEM is the schnizzel!

That is my next pistol... VERY accurate!

Rmpl
Link Posted: 9/28/2010 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Xd's are good guns, but I would prefer a HK.
Link Posted: 9/28/2010 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#3]
No comparison. I've owned an XD-40 (non-M model). The difference between that and my USPc 40 was night and day. The HK is just the better weapon.
Not to mention the XD's gay grip safety and high bore axis....
Link Posted: 9/28/2010 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The first question is, what do you want to spend?  

Major price difference between the two.
Link Posted: 9/29/2010 1:11:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I own a XDm and it is a nice accurate pistol. I have not got to shoot a HK yet, but I held a P30 and that thing felt great. This will be my next purchase just don't know if I want P30 or P30L.
Link Posted: 9/29/2010 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I owned an XD-M .40 for about six weeks.  I purchased one of the very first batch released.  It was a nice weapon, but was rather on the LARGE size for me.  It was accurate and for the few rounds I shot through it, it was reliable.  Just wasn't my "cup of tea."  

Prior to the release of the P30 I was not a huge HK fan.  The USP is simply too "blocky" for me.  Since purchasing my first P30, my shooting life took a turn towards HK.  I cannot compliment HK enough on this pistol.  I now own 2 P30 9mm, 2 P30S .40, and 2 P30L 9mm.  Yes, I like the platform.  The P30L is my USPSA/IDPA gun, the P30S .40 is my duty platform, and the P30 9mm is my everything else handgun.

Given a choice between the two, it all depends upon your intended use and how much you are willing to spend on a handgun.  Don't buy into the hype that the HK magazines are all that expensive, they are not.  I can get P30 magazines for $31.00 a piece and the XD-M magazines are similarly priced.  The price difference between pistols will be an estimated $200 higher for the P30 if you shop around.  

Best of luck.
Link Posted: 9/29/2010 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Coming from someone who owns both, get the p30
Link Posted: 9/29/2010 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#8]
HK P30 no contest
Link Posted: 10/1/2010 5:33:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Prior to the release of the P30 I was not a huge HK fan.  The USP is simply too "blocky" for me.  Since purchasing my first P30, my shooting life took a turn towards HK.  I cannot compliment HK enough on this pistol.  I now own 2 P30 9mm, 2 P30S .40, and 2 P30L 9mm.  Yes, I like the platform.  The P30L is my USPSA/IDPA gun, the P30S .40 is my duty platform, and the P30 9mm is my everything else handgun.

Given a choice between the two, it all depends upon your intended use and how much you are willing to spend on a handgun.  Don't buy into the hype that the HK magazines are all that expensive, they are not.  I can get P30 magazines for $31.00 a piece and the XD-M magazines are similarly priced.  The price difference between pistols will be an estimated $200 higher for the P30 if you shop around.  

Best of luck.

Great post gtmtnbiker98.

I also got onto the HK bandwagon when I purchased my P30 L.  It's the perfect blend of form and function; super accurate and uber reliable.

IMHO, HK pistols are possibly the finest production handguns on the planet.

Recently I added a P2000 SK to my collection, an HK45 C will be next.

Here's a picture to inspire you OP.  My 9mm  HK P30 L V3.

Link Posted: 10/1/2010 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best of luck.

Great post gtmtnbiker98.

I also got onto the HK bandwagon when I purchased my P30 L.  It's the perfect blend of form and function; super accurate and uber reliable.

IMHO, HK pistols are possibly the finest production handguns on the planet.

Recently I added a P2000 SK to my collection, an HK45 C will be next.

Here's a picture to inspire you OP.  My 9mm  HK P30 L V3.

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo220/cashbailey_photos/DSCN1084.jpg

That's inspiring to anyone!
Link Posted: 10/1/2010 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#11]
P30 hands down
Link Posted: 10/1/2010 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I had both at one time, but sold the XDm.  The XDm is a great pistol, but I prefer the P30 much more.  Though the XDm is very ergonomic, the P30 is just about perfect.  And to me, the P30 shoots very soft while the XDm has more felt recoil.
Link Posted: 10/1/2010 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I had an XD 40. Unlike some, I like the grip safety.

I have a P30. It is simply amazing. It's extremely accurate, soft shooting, and the ergonomics are on an entirely better level. The XD/m series is a good handgun, the HK series of pistols are superb.
Link Posted: 10/3/2010 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like I need to take a look at the HK. I have not shot one yet but I have shot the XDM. It shoots great but there is something I just don't like about it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2010 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I have a P30. It is simply amazing. It's extremely accurate, soft shooting, and the ergonomics are on an entirely better level. The XD/m series is a good handgun, the HK series of pistols are superb.

I agree.  I have P30 and it is hands down my favorite pistol.  I shot a XD-M today but i prefer my P30 for the reasons listed above.

Extremely reliable as well.  I see a lot of people who say "I used to have an XD" (or insert other brand) but I rarely hear people say they sold an HK.

HK is the best Kool Aid!
Link Posted: 10/3/2010 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.  I have P30 and it is hands down my favorite pistol.  I shot a XD-M today but i prefer my P30 for the reasons listed above.  

Extremely reliable as well.  I see a lot of people who say "I used to have an XD" (or insert other brand) but I rarely hear people say they sold an HK.

HK is the best Kool Aid!
HK kool-aid is good

Link Posted: 10/4/2010 6:34:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:16:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I own an HK P2000SK and the full sized.

Anyone know if the 9mm mags for the P2000 will also fit the P30?

I have 10 mags for the P2000 so for now, my P30 purchase thoughts include that I have mags. So I hope they work and HK planned for that.

TIA,
Walsh
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#19]
haha, is this really a question? i mean, go try them both out and see which one you like better, or save yourself the time and the fees to rent the guns and just buy the P30
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
haha, is this really a question? i mean, go try them both out and see which one you like better, or save yourself the time and the fees to rent the guns and just buy the P30

Were you addressing my question about magazines?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#21]
ha, sorry, i never even noticed your post. I was talking about the OP's question
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top