Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 3/3/2019 10:55:21 PM EDT
My dad knows I've loved firearms my entire life and completely surprised me today. He's not big into firearms, but has always had a few for various reasons his entire life. Duck hunting shotgun, armadillo slaying .22 and a few revolvers for home defense. Well today, he decided he wanted to give me his "old" revolver that he had gotten from his great-uncle. My dad is 78, but what he brought out completely surprised me. He unzipped the little leather pistol case and this was in there. To say I was surprised is an understatement. I never knew he had this little gem and I'm so proud to know he has given it to me and eventually my young son will get it.

Anyway, serial is 443XXX which puts it in the latter half of 1935! So cool... And the condition is great as far as I'm concerned. It's not perfect, but the signs of wear are honest and the action is tight and the trigger is sooo smooth. Today was such a great day with my dad.

Link Posted: 3/3/2019 11:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:48:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Very cool!  That's a hell of a surprise gift to get.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 10:22:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Very cool...low power rounds only
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Tyler T grip on mine and it made it a heck of a lot more comfy to shoot and handle.

Yours is beautiful!!!!  My dad gave mine too!!!  In about 1999.....

Link Posted: 7/26/2019 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Man that's pretty, and holds 6 rounds.
A major factor for those of us who've spent considerable time learning to count to 6
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Beautiful piece....You will be able to hand it down to your children too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Very cool!  The original snub starting around 1928.  I own a 1930 example with the old skinny square butt.  Yours obviously is a round butt.

I have a Pachmayr grip adapter on mine.  Either it, or the Mershon, or the Tyler T-Grip will help shoot these lightweight .38s or else they will bang the knuckle on your middle finger pretty good.  I guess guys back then either had stronger grips or didn't care.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#8]
OP, since it's a family heirloom, *I* would be tempted to have it refinished & make it look purdy.............

I would also consider a new set of springs for the inside as well, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 9:51:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice! Just make sure you use of only non-chlorinated cleaners as it can ruin the nickel finish.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#10]
That is great!

Treasure that little Colt, it is a keeper for sure........
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top