Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2005 6:41:35 PM EDT
Anyone do this before? I'm in the process of doing it now, once I get everything clean and put it back together correctly, I'll take it back apart and take pics of the whole process.
Update:
OK I got some pictures, unfortunatly I spent so much time taking it apart I cant figure out how to get it all back together correctly If anyone can properly  put one of these things back together can you take a picture of the proper way to install the sear spring and the trigger safety? I'll try and post my pictures tomorrow.

Another update: I hit rimfirecentral last night and they have some decent pics. So everything is back in order. I also learned a few things, like dont field strip the thing for fun.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I had to take mine to the ginsmith the next morning. It's not very intuitive.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I had to take mine to the ginsmith the next morning. It's not very intuitive.

No its not but over at rimfirecentral they have a few tacked posts with nice detailed photosof what part goes where.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked all over the web for something like that. Too bad I missed it.

I had the 'smith take out the trigger lock and mag safety while he had it open.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I looked all over the web for something like that. Too bad I missed it.

I had the 'smith take out the trigger lock and mag safety while he had it open.

Heh half of my problem was how to get the damn triggler lock back IN, just so I would have a complete gun to send to S&W for service. I have this strange problem where my gun doesnt fire from double action, more often than not. When the hammer falls it stops at the half cock position
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#5]
did it have the DA problem before you took it apart?

I want to swap the frame out on mine, but I may not if it is more trouble than it is worth.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
did it have the DA problem before you took it apart?

I want to swap the frame out on mine, but I may not if it is more trouble than it is worth.

Thanks.

It had the DA problem from Day one. Also swapping the frame is easy.
Just punch out the 2 roll pins and you have the main assembly and the slide catch plus its spring, these are fairly easy to put back together assumign you know whaich way its suppsoed to go.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#7]
great,
thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#8]
See my thread, "desperate plea" bah these guns make me mad.

I've now lost my balls/grips that go on the safety lever, and S&W just keeps telling me to send it back.  Well now it's in pieces and wel lbeyond the warranty.

Last time I buy a Walther / S&W...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
See my thread, "desperate plea" bah these guns make me mad.

I've now lost my balls/grips that go on the safety lever, and S&W just keeps telling me to send it back.  Well now it's in pieces and wel lbeyond the warranty.

Last time I buy a Walther / S&W...

The P22 is not even on the same playing field as a P99 in respect to maintenance.  Don't judge all of Walther's products based on the P22.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top