Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2022 1:45:54 PM EDT
I own one of these and it's been a reliable and accurate shooter. Think I paid $280 for it back when CDNN was blowing them out. It was a sales flop for Walther, as was (IIRC) it's recontoured replacement - the Creed.

It's kind of a bulky, not-so-attractive gun (which was one of the knocks against it), but a decent budget/entry level gun. Anyone else own one of these?
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Shot my friends ppq. Extremely accurate. Made me a plastic 9mm Walther fan.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked at them a few years ago, and saw one the other day for sale.  I like they way it handles, and the sights were fine for my aging eyes.

I was looking in this forum to find more about them.  I recall they didn't catch on like other models did.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a couple of them when they were being closed out, for cheap...

They are a very reliable handgun, but not pretty like the P99/PPQ guns.

The one real concern I had about the PPX was their light, high velocity hammer system (like Keltec has in many of their handguns).  I've never been a fan of DAO guns.  Having said that, I found that the trigger pull of the PPX was much better than I originally expected.  Certainly not great, but very usable...

I also am not a fan of the PPX barrel construction design, but it seems to work well and also hold up.

I'm happy with what I got for the money...

Forrest
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Great pistols. I wouldn't mind adding another to my collection.

Btw,  If you need a level II holster for yours, check out the Blackhawk Omnivore.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]
i had one, was i think my 2nd firearm after a ar15 lower. was my FAP gun since the serial started with FAP.

ended up putting a fiber dawson precision front site on it. was decent starter pistol and fit good in my hands but after a long time not shooting it i traded it for store credit and some money for g26.  i dont have any regrets.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#6]
My first handgun was the PPX in 9mm.  I did have the feed ramp come loose from the barrel.  Sent it back to Walther - they fixed up right up.  I still have the gun along with its big brother in .40 cal with the SS slide.  Kicking myself I didn't get the threaded barrel back then.  

Love the trigger.  Love the feel of the grip.  Little bit of a shoe box look.  Haters gonna hate.  I love both of mine!

Attachment Attached File

2 piece feed ramp / barrel

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top