Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2008 5:49:53 AM EDT
Does anyone know where I can find a .400 Cor-bon barrel for a pt945?  I know that they have been made before, but I cannot find them anywhere.  Taurus even made the pt400 at one time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 5:30:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you ever shot the .400 Corbon?  You certainly don't want to shoot it in the PT945 aluminum frame.  Even though you might deal with the stout (and painful) recoil you would destroy that frame in short order.  Trust me... you can't find a .400 Corbon barrel for it and for good reason.
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 8:53:49 AM EDT
[#2]
The pt945 is not an aluminum frame and should handle the .400 just fine.
Link Posted: 4/28/2008 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The PT945 is, without a doubt, an aluminum frame that is anodized.  I own a PT945 and they are aluminum framed.  And no, a PT945 is specifically not for +P ammo.  Even Taurus specifically states that in the owner's manual.

Where are you getting your (erroneous) info??
Link Posted: 4/28/2008 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Excerpt from Taurus' website re: PT945 pistol

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION  
Aficionados of the .45 ACP and .38 Super can get their brand of firepower in a medium frame package with the Taurus 945 and 38S pistols. Sized for carry, these models weigh-in at just 29.5 ounces - yet are full featured and built for a lifetime of tough use. These medium frame guns offer the same features as Taurus' popular large frame 92 series pistols, including drop hammer forged steel slide and forged ordnance grade alloy frame with three-position frame-mounted ambidextrous safety that allows for a classic SA "cocked-and-locked" mode, as well as functioning as a DA decocking lever.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2008 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Since when does alloy = aluminium?  My 945 is 12 years old and a magnet sticks to my slide.
Link Posted: 4/30/2008 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Speed, I'm not trying to argue with you dude.  I just don't want you (or anyone) getting hurt.  That's all.  Now... Yes, the slide and barrel on the PT945 is made of steel.  However, the FRAME is made of an aluminum alloy.  Take your slide and barrel off the pistol and then put a magnet against your frame.  Notice anything different?

The frame of the pistol is what will take the beating if you were to use +P ammo in it.  When the slide recoils backwards it will hit the frame with enough force to break it.  You don't want to break the frame because then your pistol is ruined.

Please, just trust me.  Don't use +P ammo in your pistol and forget about a .400 corbon barrel for it.  OK?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Still looking
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#8]
He's right, I don't even like to shoot +P in my steel frame 1911 and wouldn't think of feeding it 400 Corbon. My Glock 45 is another story.
If you manage to find the barrel, we would like to see pictures of the destroyed pistol!
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I am fairly sure that it will work without blowing up.

PT945/400
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top