Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 12:32:39 AM EDT
Anybody hear of any method to decrease the length and weight of the trigger pull. It must be at least 10 lbs.

Can a gunsmith do anything with it? Everything else about it is great.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Just picked up one Friday.

The trigger was causing me to pull my shots about 2" low at 15'.
I'm hoping the trigger will lighten up after a few hundred rounds.
And... I need to work on my trigger technique.

A gunsmith may be able to lighten it some
I would want to make sure it wouldn't make the gun more likely to have light strikes though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I broke in the trigger of my PT145 by don't laugh now.
Using Militec and baking the slide in the oven at 200 degrees for a hour and dry firing.
It's slick and light now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I thought it was just me. I'm comparing it to my Kimber. The Kimber trigger, once you take up the slack, it fires with only 2-3lbs pull and no noticeable trigger movement at all.

Can't imagine hitting anything with that PT trigger. You can pull it almost all the way back, align the sights and finish the pull. Suppose with enough practice, practice, and practice I could somewhat adjust, but why should one have to? But it's a CCW pistol for mansized targets at 10 feet away, and not a target pistol, so I doubt it any aftermarket target trigger kit will ever be available.

Never shot a Glock (Chicago trigger). How does the PT compare to it. I hate hard triggers.

Anyone know of a laser without a light, that will fit in the accessory slots. I think an X-2 has a light.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:41:47 AM EDT
[#4]
The stock Glock trigger is shorter and lighter.

I've read about using Militech before. I may look into that.

The PT trigger is much better than a KelTec P11 trigger, but it's got a ways to go compared to my Kahr and Glock.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Remember the PT trigger is DA. Don't compare it Glocks or SA guns. The mechanism and "feel" will be different.
I grew to like the DA on my PT745. You could feel the take up and hold it there as part of your stance, then finish the squeeze as focus on your sight picture. After a few mags to get the feel for it, I found I really liked it and could shoot it very accurately.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I second the trigger pull...I don't find it bad at all.  It obviously cannot be compared to a glock...as a glocks firing pin is already pre-cocked making the pull lighter/sharper.  The PT's pin is unloaded from the start and the pistol fires much like DA/SA hammered gun.  Why else do you think we can keep striking the same round in the chamber.  Taurus sells this as a good thing...but far from a good training technique!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top