Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2005 5:52:30 PM EDT
Mec-Gar magazines do not fit properly in my PT-99.  anyone else have the same problem?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
How do they not fit?  I've heard of problems where the design of the catch allows the magazine to fall after firing or even a good jostle.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:30:28 AM EDT
[#2]
The 17 round Mec Gar mag fits so tightly that it has to basically be pried out of the mag well.  This cannot be a good thing.  

Anyone else have the same experience with Mec Gar Taurus mags?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I had some similar problems with some factory Taurus magazines (manufactured by Mec-Gar) that I recently bought for my PT-111.  The magazines came sealed in the factory bags but it looked like the magazines had been coated with what looked to be some type of rust inhibitor that had dryed up.  When I first tried them they got stuck in the mag well.  I had to pull the slide and knock them out from the top.

I ended up taking some light gun oil and #000 fine steel wool to the outsides of the magazines.  This helped a lot, and cleaned up the rust inhibitor coating, but they were still a little sticky in the mag well.

I took the magazines and my pistol to my friends backyard range.  After running the magazines through the gun a few times they really loosened up and would slide free when I hit the magazine catch.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought 5 17 rounders for carry in my Tactical Bag and they fit perfectly.  Offer your's for sale and get the 15 rounders if you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top