Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2020 7:12:30 PM EDT
Hello from Durango, CO.  I've been waiting since January for arrival of a Tarus TX 22 from our local shop.
Today I received notice & proceeded to shop with bore scope.  Owner had disassembled pistol, cleaned the bore, & was waiting.  The bore was perfect & chamber concentric. I purchased it for $250.00 plus tax & background check.
Next a quick trip to the range, about 75 rounds of CCI Mini mag with 100% function reliability & accuracy was minute of empty shotgun shell at ten yards.
I then returned home, disassembled again & cleaned.  I noted the serial number as 1PT309XXX.  I went to the Tarus site & checked serial #'s there on a thread about chattering mars & serial # correlation.  I am in a different serial numbering range.
Maybe, just maybe Tarus has corrected the poor barrel situation.  
Pertaining to my qualification to render an opinion on this pistol, I'm retired 29 year Fed SA LEO (Border Patrol & US Customs), FLETC certified Firearms Instructor, & served as training officer at three different duty stations.  I currently still compete.
In my opinion this is an excellent value, accurate & so far 100% reliable, threaded barrel, & great trigger.  I have two friends with this pistol & shot theirs prior to purchase.  Theirs are also running great reliability with decent ammo.  They've never run the Thunderbolt category of bargain ammo so I can't forecast if pistol will run on economy bulk ammo.  They both also own the Glock 44 & agree the Tarus is more bang for the buck.  They both shoot the Tarus more because of the threaded barrel & included 1/2" x 28 TPI adapter.
I'm going to run this pistol a bunch this coming week for reliability purposes & if it continues to function 100% with quality ammo I'll use it for a lightweight hiking pistol.  I really appreciate the light weight & high capacity.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one. 7 months, and I still haven't had time to put it on paper
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
We have two of them at the range as rentals. At around 6000 rounds the firing pin block SPRING essentially disintegrated on both guns, although it was a few weeks apart. Called Taurus. Was told that it was a warranty issue and we had to return the guns for repair, (and the turnaround time was 3 months). Needless to say this kinda pissed me off. Been working on guns since the 1980's, it a 1 minute job at best.

Got to someone higher up the food chain and was able to get some replacement springs from them, AT A COST of removing the lifetime warranty coverage on the two pistols. That annoyed me even more but we wanted the guns back in service. They are, and have been EXCELLENT shooters. They see easily 500-700 rounds a week on average. Accuracy is solid. They can be a little ammo sensitive but have fed Aguila, CCI, Remington, Federal and a few others with no problems.

My suggestion to you: call Taurus and ask them if they have changed their policy on these springs. Get past the first CS person that answers the phone for this. If not, take the gun apart and take the spring to a good hardware store and see if you can find something of comparable size and length. Buy several and put them in your parts box. As small as the spring is I can't imagine a slightly heavier spring will have any impact on the trigger pull, which is pretty light to begin with.

I'm about to order one for myself. I like the gun a lot. Just wish Taurus would sort out some of their CS issues. No reason I can see for not offering these as customer orderable parts. I will be putting a set of Lakeline LLC fiber optic sights on mine. They are GREAT SIGHTS.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top