Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 6:22:47 PM EDT
I may be in the market for Kydex concealed carry and range holsters.  The types of handguns would be 1911s (S/S, not blued) and Glocks.

I  have heard good things about Comp-tac and Sidearmor holsters.  I’ve heard also that Mad Dog Enterprises once made a great Kydex holster, but are no longer in the business.

Does anyone have any recommendations based on actual experience as to which is the best, and the reasons therefore.  From what I understand, Comp-tac makes a very good holster, but its cant adjustments are limited to 30 degree increments.  On the other hand, I understand that Sidearmor holsters can be adjusted to any angle, and that their sight channel space is more than adequate for the highest front sights.

Am I right, wrong, or just misinformed?  Please let me know.

And what else should I be considering?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I wore a KyTac Braveheart by Dave Elderton for several years.  Great guy, great customer service, great little product:
www.kytac.com/page3.html
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#3]
www.blade-tech.com

Used them for years.  Never had a problem.

Well thought out, well executed.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.blade-tech.com

Used them for years.  Never had a problem.

Well thought out, well executed.

Same here... I have 3 of them...great product!
Dave
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#5]
i love my safariland 6004 i carry my usp tactical and i also have another safariland for my mark23. best thing about kydex, it protects your gun if you bump it, fall on it, whatever.

most safariland's can be fully adjusted to any angle, plus the holster can be adjusted closer/ further away from your body.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the BLADE-TECH Ultimate Concealment Holster from Outdoor Specialties @ http://www.odspec.com/index2.html
(I still don't know how to make these hot links?)
I carry a Kahr PM9 daily and it has held up great in both warm and cold weather wear. I am in ND so it does get cold! It is very comfortable and I know several people who use their holsters and are very happy.

The Comtac C-T.A.C. holsters are excellent as well. My buddy has 2 of them and they are very comfortable. He his carrying Glocks and Kahrs for the most part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top