Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2007 8:58:47 AM EDT
Just got one of the truglo front sights that is both tritium and hi viz. Man it looks great very bright at night and day. Anyone else had any experience with this sight. I was wondering how it would hold up. I havent got to shoot with it yet.

Shot it, love it everybody that sees it has to have one. Seems durable and easy to install.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I just picked them up one month ago for a pair of XDs.

Installation by the gunsmith was quoted as being "a bear". Not many sight tools are in the pipeline for installation so extreme care has to be taken with the hammer and punch if you go that route.

One front sight cracked during installation and TRU-GLO made good by shipping out a new one for installation.

The other gun has around 500 rounds of standard pressure .45ACP through it without issue. So far, so good.

They are indeed bright, but in hindsight, I would have preferred a TFO front sight only(which, of course, is not available). The three dots together are so bright, I find differentiating the front to be a tad more difficult than using conventional night sights.

YMMV naturally.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:11:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a set on a G17, G17L, G24, and a G20.

I like them so much I will be installing them on two G21sf.

I haven't shot many rounds with them, so I don't know how well they hold up.

But they are bright, and make sighting easier for both me and my wife.

We especially like them on the longslides.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:22:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Gotta link? Is it anything like the Trijicon fiber optic/tritium system?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:30:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Gotta link? Is it anything like the Trijicon fiber optic/tritium system?

www.truglosights.com/content/products/firearm/handgun_sights/handgun_sights.asp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top