Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 5:42:43 PM EDT
I just bought a Glock 22 with a LaserMax unit installed. The batteries were dead when I bought it and i tried to replace them today, but i could only get one cell out, and I had to use an exacto knife to get it out. I know there must be a trick to it, so does anybody know that trick?

Thanks in advance,
Ace
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]
 I have a Lasermax, but have not had that problem.  I have contacted them with a question and got a very quick and accurate response.  Try and email them or call the toll free number-->800.LASER.03
Contact page-->www.lasermax.com/about/contact.php  
They do have great customer service. If there is a trick to remember, please come back and post it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like the batteries should just fall out after you take off the cap, but the rep from LaserMax said if the previous owner taped the batteries togeather the glue from the tape would melt when the unit got hot. Also if you let the batteries discharge too much they swell and you cant get them out. So it sounds like I have to send the unit in for them to drill the dead batteries out, but i have one more idea before I do. If it works Ill post it here

Ace
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:03:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
if the previous owner taped the batteries togeather the glue from the tape would melt when the unit got hot. Ace

What purpose would taping the batteries together serve? Is it tht hard to get the batteries to fall into the tube the right way?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a lasermax in my beretta that I got used. The batteries that were in it were the originals (or so I was told). And they had a clear plastic wrap on them too, maybe it got hot enough for that to melt. And to answer if it is hard to get the batteries to drop in the right way, not at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top